Hood Mat? w/Carbon Hood - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Hood Mat? w/Carbon Hood
Friday, August 05, 2011 9:21 PM
I have a oem style carbon fiber hood from VIS and my stock hood didnt come with one of these hood mats? do they quite down the engine bay? and I was wondering if I should or can run one on my carbon fiber hood?

Re: Hood Mat? w/Carbon Hood
Friday, August 05, 2011 9:47 PM
i have been thinking about this too. thinking maybe dynomat or soemthing...

Friday, August 05, 2011 11:08 PM
I'm talking about the stock hood mat thing that came on some cavaliers stock hood they are held on with plastic retainers just like the toyota trunk carpet.
Friday, August 05, 2011 11:21 PM
thats what EvoFire is talking about man, dynomat would be a good replacement compared to the oem padding that goes up under the stock hoods

2010 Lonestar Bash 2nd place J-Body Street Class
Friday, August 05, 2011 11:47 PM
Trey Reed wrote:thats what EvoFire is talking about man, dynomat would be a good replacement compared to the oem padding that goes up under the stock hoods

yeah what he said

Saturday, August 06, 2011 11:08 AM
haha ok thanks guys well how would dynomat hold up under high engine heat??? and could someone let me know if the mat will work with my carbon hood? I was thinking dynomat then putting the mat or the dynomat
Saturday, August 06, 2011 1:30 PM
jdm cav9 wrote:haha ok thanks guys well how would dynomat hold up under high engine heat??? and could someone let me know if the mat will work with my carbon hood? I was thinking dynomat then putting the mat or the dynomat

it is a derivative of roofing tar so it should hold up fine. people have done it int he past with no issues
Thursday, August 11, 2011 9:59 AM
I believe Dynamat make a specific type of sound deadener for engine bays.

Friday, August 12, 2011 12:57 PM
The hood mats are ugly from the factory. i removed mine and saw no change in noise, heat or anything.

FU Tuning

Saturday, August 13, 2011 5:17 PM
Screaming for Mercy!! wrote:The hood mats are ugly from the factory. i removed mine and saw no change in noise, heat or anything.

This

Sunday, August 14, 2011 6:59 AM
Zs Z wrote:
Screaming for Mercy!! wrote:The hood mats are ugly from the factory. i removed mine and saw no change in noise, heat or anything.

This

Sunday, August 14, 2011 8:07 AM
blucavvy wrote:
Zs Z wrote:

This

eeyup.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Sunday, August 14, 2011 10:47 AM
huh well x that idea, I thought it would help with heat and sound if not no point then I guess.
Monday, August 15, 2011 4:18 PM
Rich Grayo Jr. wrote:
blucavvy wrote:
Zs Z wrote:

This

eeyup.

Because all the cool kids are quoting.

Eat my shift
Monday, August 15, 2011 7:10 PM
um.. adding a bunch of heavy ass dynamat onto a carbon fiber hood kind of defeats the purpose, doesnt it?

idk about other brands but both my VIS hoods have the locations molded into them for the stock liner pin locations... one would only need to drill and attach to get it to work. drill into ur 500 dollar carbon fiber hood at ur own risk though. personally... i dont see how its worth it.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 4:57 AM
u should know by now most people don't buy c/f hoods anymore for light weight, they buy it to look pretty.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, August 16, 2011 4:57 AM
I've never really "hated" the look of stock hood protectors. If cleaned up and spray-dyed back to pure black, I bet it would look halfway decent under there.

Friday, September 02, 2011 8:48 PM
the shop thats redoing my carbon hood clear coat and paint sprayed this on the underside and turned out pretty dam good looking, here's high temp protector/insulator spray

2010 Lonestar Bash 2nd place J-Body Street Class
Saturday, September 03, 2011 5:45 AM
That actually doesn't look bad. Any more info on the spray they used?

Saturday, September 03, 2011 7:06 PM
I believe the stock mat is suppose to protect the hood from heat. But I wouldn't worry to much.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search