HID lighting kit - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HID lighting kit
Monday, September 19, 2011 6:53 PM
i am going to buy an HID conversion kit for my 2002 cavalier.
problem is, i've heard that without projector headlights the kit will just blind people and wont be focused on the road. is this true? no?
if it is true i cant find anywhere that makes projector headlights for a 2002. suggestions?

Re: HID lighting kit
Monday, September 19, 2011 7:35 PM
jeremy montgomery wrote:i am going to buy an HID conversion kit for my 2002 cavalier.
problem is, i've heard that without projector headlights the kit will just blind people and wont be focused on the road. is this true?
yes.

Quote:

if it is true i cant find anywhere that makes projector headlights for a 2002. suggestions?

for 00-05 you have to have them custom made,retrofit yours, or swap to the 95-99 style headlights and buy a set of ebay projector headlights.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Monday, September 19, 2011 8:16 PM
im guessing customs are going to be a tad more expensive
if i swap is there gonna be a gap in the fender and hood?
Monday, September 19, 2011 8:28 PM
Hood is the same from 95-05, you'd need to make brackets for the corner lights and swap the front bumper as well.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Monday, September 19, 2011 8:32 PM
thank you ill try it out.
Tuesday, September 20, 2011 12:33 PM
would you recommend to put projectors on or am i just wasting time and money?
Tuesday, September 20, 2011 1:05 PM
That one is up to you. How much do you want HIDs?

Whatever you do though, DONT put HIDs in reflector housings (non-projector housings) or a will find you, and I will strike you.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 7:14 AM
well i bought a pair of projectors for a '99 cavy. anything else i should know beside the fender?
Tuesday, September 27, 2011 6:25 AM
...and so far the projectors dont work. pigtails are too big, and the bracket the factory light sits on is in the way
Tuesday, September 27, 2011 7:12 PM
You bought the headlights premade with projectors in them, or you bought projectors and are retrofitting your headlights youself?
Wednesday, September 28, 2011 12:23 PM
i bought '99 cavalier projector headlights. i have a new bumper on the way, but so far that is the only problem ive been able to solve.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 12:26 PM
can you look up the NOTTO SE HID lighting kit and tell me if that is the relay harness? i bought that kit, and ive heard you need one, but cannot find where it can be bought at
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search