03+ Sunfire RKSport Trunk Bezel - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
03+ Sunfire RKSport Trunk Bezel
Tuesday, September 20, 2011 3:45 PM
who has it? who likes it? who doesnt? i know micah used to have one and said it fit like crap. any one else have experiance with it? i am thinking that i could build a vacuum bag, and resin it to the original piece, and it might work out very well.

Re: 03+ Sunfire RKSport Trunk Bezel
Tuesday, September 20, 2011 4:04 PM
The one I had never wanted to lay flat against the stock panel. I hated it and ended up tossing mine after about a year. Honestly if you want carbon fiber I'd recommend having the stock bezel wrapped. I'll stick with my satin black.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 4:14 PM
Micah (Shadowfire) wrote:The one I had never wanted to lay flat against the stock panel. I hated it and ended up tossing mine after about a year. Honestly if you want carbon fiber I'd recommend having the stock bezel wrapped. I'll stick with my satin black.

i have already asked a few companies about wrapping it. i am gonna go yarding for a panel to paint in a week or so. did u get it professionally painted, or did you do it yourself?

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 6:54 PM
Do it yourself. Be patient with it and the results will be great.
If you use the right paint and quality you won't have to worry about adding clear either.
Good luck with it.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 7:28 PM
Let me know how yours turns out. I've been contemplating doing this for a while.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 10:20 PM
If you're wrapping the stock piece, vacuum bagging is the way to go. Now if you'd do something like shave the reverse lights and plate tray (like Gary's black one), you could easily hand lay the c/f with good results. I wrapped a shaved one and it actually ended up being one of the easier hand wraps I've done

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 1:39 PM
EvoFire wrote:did u get it professionally painted, or did you do it yourself?

Both lol. Don't forget I work in a paint shop haha.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 1:44 PM
EVILution (KGM Godfather) wrote:If you're wrapping the stock piece, vacuum bagging is the way to go. Now if you'd do something like shave the reverse lights and plate tray (like Gary's black one), you could easily hand lay the c/f with good results. I wrapped a shaved one and it actually ended up being one of the easier hand wraps I've done

Do you have pics? I would not be shaving anything. Just want the stock piece wrapped CF or sprayed black. Still deciding.

Micah (Shadowfire) wrote:
EvoFire wrote:did u get it professionally painted, or did you do it yourself?

Both lol. Don't forget I work in a paint shop haha.

I did not know that Micah. I work in a paint shop as well. I just dont spray automotive paint. lol

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 2:43 PM
or have it wrapped with the 3m carbon fiber vinyl

looks pretty good.
Wednesday, September 21, 2011 2:52 PM
Justin have you seen that or done it? PICS?

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 2:58 PM
I thought about the 3M vinyl a while back. Just wasn't sure how it would look.

Thursday, September 22, 2011 9:21 AM
i dont have it done, but have been thinking about it. i have my b pillars done and it looks pretty good.

they arent the best pics but

Thursday, September 22, 2011 7:51 PM
@Snowman your car looks awesome..and Im not really a fan of body kits....

did you paint your door handles? got a write up on that?

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Friday, September 23, 2011 6:14 PM
a friend used carbon vinyl on some trim parts in his BMW, i was impressed on how well it came out.
Friday, September 23, 2011 6:50 PM
omfg that fire is SICK. love the colors.

my bezel fits perfectly... idk what the problem is? i added some extra double sided tape though....

Sunday, October 02, 2011 5:16 PM
Quick question for you guys do u know if a 95-02 sunfire trunk will fit my 03 as long as I take the center filler panel out and put it on the older one I am just trying to figure out if I can use the older trunk cause the only ones I saw around my area they have been goin for about 300 bucks.....
Sunday, October 02, 2011 6:26 PM
Lance: Yes you can use the older trunk lid. All you have to do is swap out the trunk filler panels.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search