HID problem - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HID problem
Monday, September 05, 2011 11:13 AM
on my sec hid kid but having same problem. after about 3mo of having the kit the driver side light will start having problems coming on, it will just flash and cut off, now it wont com on at all. help

Re: HID problem
Friday, September 09, 2011 6:06 AM
Did you tried changing the bulbs ?? You`ll know then if it`s just the bulb itself ( Change both to be sure one is not brither than the other ) Then you`ll know if it`s the ballasts that causes the problem.
Friday, September 09, 2011 7:47 AM
did you use a relay harness or just plug the kit directly to the headlight harness?

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Sunday, September 11, 2011 7:31 PM
yea it was the relay and the fuse
Monday, September 12, 2011 1:57 PM
im checking mine because mine is doing the same thing.. the driver light barely flicks on and then stays off right when you turn the lights on.. i have the relay kit as well so hopefully thats the problem.. what kit do you have??

Thursday, September 22, 2011 7:53 PM
if it still doesnt work grind the paint off the back of your mounting plate to get a better ground to the balast.
Friday, September 23, 2011 2:50 PM
Sounds to me like a bad bulb. That's a typical response that they give when they go bad. It is possible that the ground wasn't very good which caused more stress on the ballast. If you can, make the ground for the relay harness a chassis ground and you should help eliminate that issue in the future. Just curious, what brand HID's are you running?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search