2003 Cavalier Painted - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2003 Cavalier Painted
Monday, October 10, 2011 6:37 PM

Re: 2003 Cavalier Painted
Monday, October 10, 2011 10:14 PM
Judging by how the light is reflecting, especially in the third pic, the paint was sprayed pretty dry...I see lots of orange peel.and were the bumpers and trunk painted while mounted to the car??

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 5:37 AM
Sure were. Considering this is my second attempt at paint, I think it came out better than the camaro. Especially the color. I put a bit more time onto the prep work this time
and it's blue acrylic enamel over gray lacquer primer sealer. Definetly needs a buff and wax. Also if you'll notice the horrible bondo job on the driver side door and quarter panel
Mainly focusing on the paint job though :p. It didn't go on as evenly as i'd hoped. I'll post pics after it's ready with lights and a polish.
Tuesday, October 11, 2011 5:43 AM
im sorry but i would sand it back down and retry. there are some really good how to videos out there. try giving them a watch before them next one.
Tuesday, October 11, 2011 10:44 AM
I agree I'd take it back down and give it another go.

Want hub spacers rear disk brackets or trailing arm bushings? Shoot me a PM.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 2:56 AM
x3^^

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 5:52 AM

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 6:16 AM
I say. redo it, and clean up that bondo On the trunk . Just take your time and make sure not to get rushed.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 7:45 AM
I don't get the option to redo. Ill make look as good as good as possibe and post pics
Wednesday, October 12, 2011 7:46 AM
i cant see the pics cause they're blocked on base...but based on the reactions of others, Im going with 'repaint it and do it right!'

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Wednesday, October 12, 2011 9:59 AM
I am willing to bet you painted this in your garage... I would strongly suggest wetting the floor the next time you paint a car in your garage. Part of the reason the car looks the way it does is because there must have been a ton of dust and dirt particles on the floor. Look at the third picture down... see how gritty the fender looks. Thats dust trapped in the paint/clear coat.

Is this a single stage paint or base coat clear coat? And please dont say its two stage because you primed the car first lol.

Great effort but, keep working at it. Also you'd be better off spending the $50-100 to rent a professional spray booth for a few hours to a day or so.

Good luck.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 1:04 PM

Sorry bud.. looks pretty rough. Not to mention you even left in and painted the locks?

Sunday, November 06, 2011 5:52 PM
ive done a better job with spray paint then you just did with a gun, and does anyone else see what looks like letters on the lid or am i just drunker then i thought
Sunday, November 06, 2011 7:52 PM
well, considering this is only your second time painting, it didnt turn out that bad, couldve been worse, in for daylight pics

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 5:20 AM
Justin Mozingo wrote:ive done a better job with spray paint then you just did with a gun, and does anyone else see what looks like letters on the lid or am i just drunker then i thought

I saw this.. considering its an 03.. could be where the ugly taillight filler panel thing bolts up...??

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 8:13 AM
Looks like u filled the trunk holes drywall filler.

Saturday, December 17, 2011 11:43 PM
I say just redo it, it looks O.K. but it would be better to start over. Just dont rush and it will turn out good, Good luck!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search