removing factory side skirts... - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
removing factory side skirts...
Monday, October 24, 2011 6:50 AM
i cant believe im posting this but im at a lose here. im currently trying to remove the factory LS sport skirts on my 03. i removed all the bolts underneath and the single bolt on each end but the clips are giving. is there a easier way to take off the sides without destroying the factory mounting clips

i feel like a newb when it comes to removing external panels

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Re: removing factory side skirts...
Tuesday, October 25, 2011 5:53 PM
best guess would be to stick something up in there to pry them down

or, from the outside of the car by the door kind of dig your hands into the skirt opening and that may help to pull the tabs away from the body.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 6:15 PM
fyi the clips are postioned in diff directions. the front set of clips hook from front to back where as the back hooks from rear to front. they just have two ears on the end keepingthem from falling out. if u can get ur hands or a flat head in there turn the clips 1/4 turn and they fall out. go easy as the tab on the skirt WILL split and then that mount is trash.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 4:06 AM
yea im trying my best to remove them without spilting the mounts but man these things wont budge

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Friday, October 28, 2011 9:49 AM
I found a set of side skirts i didnt know about this clips and ripped couple of them, it was a hassle to get them weld, but yeah try to be easy on them.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search