cavalier sunfire door interchange? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
cavalier sunfire door interchange?
Wednesday, May 19, 2010 7:49 PM
98 cavalier 2 door hard top

will a door off one swap to a hard top sunfire same year style?

physically bolt on and fit and work?

i cant find a single thing on the internet that says if it will or not.....

thanks

-96 cavalier 2.2 auto 143k miles

Re: cavalier sunfire door interchange?
Wednesday, May 19, 2010 7:53 PM
Yes. Door panels and inside handles will be different I think. But it will fit.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 8:03 PM
ok thanks much!

-96 cavalier 2.2 auto 143k miles
Thursday, May 20, 2010 1:01 AM
I don't know if its just me, but vert doors will bolt on a hard top but they're missing the door pillar that the hard top door has...I don't know if that would effect the weather stripping and that fact that their might be a gap between the driver side front window and rear driver side window.

Thursday, May 20, 2010 3:33 AM
core (strmtrooper) wrote:I don't know if its just me, but vert doors will bolt on a hard top but they're missing the door pillar that the hard top door has...I don't know if that would effect the weather stripping and that fact that their might be a gap between the driver side front window and rear driver side window.

It wont seal.

Thursday, May 20, 2010 8:41 AM
Cavalier and Sunfire Non-Vert doors will swap 95-05 or whatever year they ended.
Cavalier and Sunfire Vert doors will swap 95-?? whenever they stopped making verts.

As Mike stated hardware might be different inside the door and the door panels will be different throughout the years but the shell is the same pending on Non-Vert and Vert.

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Thursday, May 20, 2010 3:00 PM
Mike wrote:Yes. Door panels and inside handles will be different I think. But it will fit.

I looked into it a little. Door handles and locks are the same. Only the door panels are different. Might have some different mounting brackets though...

Friday, May 21, 2010 7:54 AM
core (strmtrooper) wrote:I don't know if its just me, but vert doors will bolt on a hard top but they're missing the door pillar that the hard top door has...I don't know if that would effect the weather stripping and that fact that their might be a gap between the driver side front window and rear driver side window.

This idea seems to come up so often here (swapping convertible doors onto a coupe), presumably because people want the "cool" frameless glass look that's on some high end imports. I've even seen threads in the past where people actively debate whether that mod would even be do-able.

Bottom line: it would - if you are ready to basically rebuild the entire door frame to accomodate the vert door, incuding major, major surgery on the coupe b pillar. Or put another way, engage in extensive, involved cutting, welding and finishing work that would require equipment and skills way outside the range of most hobbyists here.

Which is why this mod never happens.
Friday, May 21, 2010 12:04 PM
mikeythemars wrote:

This idea seems to come up so often here (swapping convertible doors onto a coupe), presumably because people want the "cool" frameless glass look that's on some high end imports. I've even seen threads in the past where people actively debate whether that mod would even be do-able.

Bottom line: it would - if you are ready to basically rebuild the entire door frame to accomodate the vert door, incuding major, major surgery on the coupe b pillar. Or put another way, engage in extensive, involved cutting, welding and finishing work that would require equipment and skills way outside the range of most hobbyists here.

They could just buy a 95-00 dodge avenger/chrysler sebring.
They're welcome.

Thursday, May 27, 2010 9:49 PM
MarkyB86 wrote:
They could just buy a 95-00 dodge avenger/chrysler sebring.
They're welcome.

Hahah but what if they like their J body and despise Chryslers?
Friday, November 04, 2011 10:47 PM
Are lambo hinges interchangeable like hinges from a cav to a fire I'm thinking they do but wanted to make sure before I bought them off a friend

ZCraig

Saturday, November 05, 2011 6:08 PM
Headthumper wrote:Are lambo hinges interchangeable like hinges from a cav to a fire I'm thinking they do but wanted to make sure before I bought them off a friend

Yes
Sunday, November 06, 2011 10:05 PM
mikeythemars wrote:

Not just the B-pillar... the A-pillar too. It's not there on a 'vert door, it's welded to the windshield frame.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search