progress pics - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
progress pics
Sunday, November 06, 2011 10:17 PM
Hey guys just got the RKSport ss hood with the carbon fiber inlay. Just want to know what you think!?

Any comments and suggstions welcome, thanks.

Re: progress pics
Sunday, November 06, 2011 10:33 PM
brings back memories

Monday, November 07, 2011 2:16 AM
I'll make you proud azncav. Whats the rear skirt your rockin'? Is it a 00 2.2 with a skirt?? I'm trying to find a rear skirt for my 99 z but no luck yet.
Monday, November 07, 2011 2:54 AM
Get those projectors to sit right and it won't push your bumper down. I had the same problem. Looking good, now get it all one color.

Monday, November 07, 2011 4:00 AM
I'm sure it'll look good once painted although I liked how it used to look with it lowered and the original Z24 ground effects. You're planning on upgrading the wheels right?

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Monday, November 07, 2011 12:27 PM
I'm getting rims next weekend and I have to re finish them. I think I'm going black with red trim those have always been my favorite. Unfortunately I live in the great white north and snows about to fly so I might slow down on the upgrades. By next next year all should be done but the swap but I'm still deciding what to do on the rear end. I'm going to grab some springs and spacers to give it a wider stance but I still want a skirt. Either stock, 03 z24 bumper, or one of the 2.2 models with a skirt. Any pics or ideas welcome!
Monday, November 07, 2011 4:25 PM
looks just like my old 95 cavlier started
Monday, November 07, 2011 4:32 PM
Leaving the bumpers and sides black to get a 2 tone look doesn't work, just looks unfinished. Hope you end up painting it, it will look nice.

Saturday, December 17, 2011 11:45 PM
Lookin good there!
Sunday, December 18, 2011 6:54 AM
Thanks pal just working on the rims right now. I'm looking for the 03 z rear and some skirts also cf trunk but I like my little stock wing so time will tell. More pics soon

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/391160_10150456900906349_504506348_10447570_771888365_n.jpg
Wednesday, December 21, 2011 10:27 AM
better pics would help people not familiar with the hood

and i almost like it but the center painted part kills the look for me. rk dropped the ball on that one IMO

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 11:23 AM
Drop the ball? I'm glad it's your opinion not mine. I think it looks great it's a change from what you see around all the time. To be honest "tabs" id like to see another car with this exact hood if you can. It's a unique hood and I can't wait to see it painted.
Thursday, December 22, 2011 1:06 PM
Bring your bumpstop down on the pass side so the corner of the hood sits flush with the fender.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Friday, December 23, 2011 6:22 AM
Wow good eye man I lowered it and it's still sticking up. I'm wondering if it's the alignment or if the brackets are off I'm not sure. It's snowing pretty bad right now and the cars put away or I'd be all over it. I took some pictures a little ways back I'll post them later.
Wednesday, January 11, 2012 2:16 AM
Fun in the sun.

No internet at home right now so I cant upload much. Since my last post I got myself a set of toyos! I should be able to get more pics up soon.
Comments welcome.
Wednesday, January 11, 2012 4:25 AM
Nice, I love my toyos

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 12:01 PM
Ya they are very attractive tails no doubt. I am a huge fan of clean stock 95-99 tails on a red cav. Well as long as the clear reverse area isn't faded or fogged. I'll post some before and after pics when it warms up outside. I'm excited to see my cav transform this spring, should be fun!
Wednesday, January 11, 2012 4:32 PM
i like your car alot

Thursday, January 12, 2012 2:14 PM
Thanks for the support fellas makes me want to pursue this hobby to it's fullest potential.
Friday, January 20, 2012 12:26 AM
Update! As I said before I purchased a set of rims that I was going to be refinishing. Well here are a few pictures of the rims in gloss black. I really liked how they turned out and I can't wait to see them on the car this spring.
Before and after.

Comments always welcome!
Friday, January 20, 2012 6:30 AM
Did the hood come like that with the two stripes? love the tails and rims though!

Friday, January 20, 2012 10:50 AM
Rims look really good!
In for painted pics for sure!

Friday, January 20, 2012 2:48 PM
Yes the stripes are actually carbon fiber inlayed into the hood and the rest fiberglass. I have some close up pictures of the hood I'll post. Next up wheel spacers and maybe cf trunk. I really like the sporty little spoiler in the back and ive seen a cf trunk with the spoiler molded in and it looked amazing. I might mold the spoiler to the trunk or get it wrapped... Doubt it but maybe. Still deciding on the rear end.
Saturday, January 21, 2012 4:15 PM
those stripes are def unique..but Id get the front bumper and hood matched to the body color, and leave the stripes. I think they would look good on it if it all matched. You could even keep the inside lip of the front bumper gloss black to match the stripe.
those wheels will look nice...what about a red pin stripe around the lip of the wheels too?

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Tuesday, March 13, 2012 12:25 AM
Hey guys just a little sneak peak! I just got the car out of the garage and its purring like a kitten! Can't wait to get the tires and paint the body!

Also wondering what you guys think about.. painting the hood black and keeping the front bumper body color. Im a big fan of the red with the black carbon hood but i don't want it to look miss matched with the black paint. I am going to have black rims and I have a set of Toyos with the nice black accent so it might look nice. CC welcome!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search