TRD Eyelids? - Page 2 - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: TRD Eyelids?
Sunday, December 18, 2011 4:19 PM
just a thought. but couldn't you make a template of one side using say maybe painters tape? making it with enough layers so it doesn't rip? then using it flipped over on the over side? not sure if that makes sense but i do hope you get what im saying lol

Sunday, December 18, 2011 8:49 PM
Wow loving the progress each time i see the pics. Id def have to pick up a set for mine and maybe even a set for the girls to. i love the fact thell be urethane. WIN!!!

Sunday, December 18, 2011 10:04 PM
These would look pretty good with my trd kit, any thoughts on possible price?

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Monday, December 19, 2011 4:04 AM
progress from yesterday......

Monday, December 19, 2011 5:33 AM
Philly D wrote:whats the plan for attachment of these? Id say 2 sided tape but that would cause issues removing he headlights and signals.

they will attach the same way the original TRD eyelids did with 3m tape. I wanted to create a way to mount them other than 3m tape but with having to make a 2 part mold to create the parts would not allow me to do that unfortunately.

DSMskyline wrote:These would look pretty good with my trd kit, any thoughts on possible price?

Not quite sure on price yet. It's going to depend on cost of materials to reproduce them. I will try and keep them as low as material costs will allow me.

Monday, December 19, 2011 7:02 AM
you did your set the same way i did mine. it was PITA to match both sides. My mistake was not enough layers of glass. i was cruising home one night and the tape gave out and ended up with one flapping in the wind. before i noticed it at a gas station it was too late and cracked all to hell and back.

Monday, December 19, 2011 8:30 AM
how many payers of glass did you use?

also, the end product will be in urethane so that shouldn't be an issue. these fiberglass ones are just the plug for the molds.

Monday, December 19, 2011 2:58 PM
Props Joe.. Lookin good; and quick turn around on progress.

Monday, December 19, 2011 4:21 PM
They look awesome. Of course you start making these as I'm thinking of backing the look of my car back to a more drivable look lol

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 5:48 AM
thanks gentlemen

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 6:39 PM
Grr. Now I want to do a Cavfire swap again.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 5:37 AM
just a small update with no pics........

I picked up 5 pounds of modeling clay and started building the first mold base last night. I underestimated how much work it would be just to build the mold base. I'll be back out tonight to hopefully finish up the base and start making my parting lines. once that's done I can move onto creating the silicone mold.

After that's all set, they will start being reproduced at one pair per day or so(time permitting).

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 7:22 AM
I'm in for a set once you start making these

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 7:29 AM
I call first dibs

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 10:25 AM
damn.....i wish i still had the TRD style eyelid molds i had made....but nope, josh bought them from me years ago (partial cash + trade for sunfire projector headlights) and, of course, never paid me for them. blows. but if you need any help or advice feel free to ask..

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 2:10 PM
(tabs) wrote:damn.....i wish i still had the TRD style eyelid molds i had made....but nope, josh bought them from me years ago (partial cash + trade for sunfire projector headlights) and, of course, never paid me for them. blows. but if you need any help or advice feel free to ask..

At least the transaction on the other one went to a good home. also i want in after azncav

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 8:15 PM
updates?

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 5:43 AM
hey fellas, sorry for the gap in posts. Been in and out of town with family for the holidays. Had little time to work on them but got them final sanded upto 500 grit, and layed 3 coats of some good auto filler primer on them sunday night. My biggest issue is finding a cav owner to let me test fit them for hood clearance.

I only know one person left in my area with a 00-02 cav and it's tough to get a hold of her. Once I get a test fit confirmed, making them should move pretty quickly.

I'll keep everyone posted with pics when I get to test fit them.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 5:48 AM
In for 95-99 light!

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, January 10, 2012 7:22 AM
pmd u joey

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 2:22 PM
should make a how to

Lost Sometimes.......Stuck Never :-)

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 2:25 PM
should make a how to

Lost Sometimes.......Stuck Never :-)
Wednesday, January 11, 2012 2:37 PM
Is there a guesstimate on price for these??

Thursday, January 12, 2012 5:50 AM
SoLo88 wrote:should make a how to

how to what?

05kar wrote:Is there a guesstimate on price for these??

If I had to guess, I would say $100. Really all depends on what the urethane per set is going to cost to produce. I'm going to keep the price as low as possible after factoring in material cost and time involved to produce.

Thursday, January 12, 2012 6:49 AM
Great price man, really looking forward to get a set of these

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search