repair panel sites?? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
repair panel sites??
Tuesday, January 10, 2012 6:20 PM
cant find much of anything for sunfires.. i have an 01 coupe and was wondering if cavalier rocker panels and fuel door panels would fit my fire?

Re: repair panel sites??
Tuesday, January 10, 2012 6:25 PM
Not sure about rocker panels but fuel door should fit perfect

Stainless steel lines? Who needs them? Just don't brake O.O
Tuesday, January 10, 2012 8:33 PM
rockers wont fit if your using it to replace the whole portion. reason why is because cavalier s and sunfires have different shapes around the tail light and trunk area. the area around the door and wheel wells will work if your only doing that particular portion im sure.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 8:56 PM
If its under the door where I think it is then here's the site where I got my quarter panel peice

www.jcwhitney.com/lower-front-sections-of-rear-quarter-panels/p2000543.jcwx?filterid=d246j5

For some reason all cavaliers nd sunfires always rust under the driver or passanger door

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 9:51 PM
its in the corner of the passenger side door.. right on the bottom where the rocker meets the QP.. and its rusted around the wheel well under the gas door. i knew the cavalier and sunfire had different quater panels so thats why i wasn't sure about the gas door piece.. but i knew the doors and stuff would bolt right up so i figured rockers would too. check my thread in photos and media to see where its rusted. thanks a ton shawn!

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 8:23 AM
If u no someone that can do body work nd weild then u can have them do it or teach u. The wheel well is really easy to repair. Did a few of them in school. Nd for the rocker take a pen or a set of keys nd lightly tap the see if ur going to need extra metal. If u do then u can get some at a scrap yard or a home depo. Rocker panels or any type of metal on a car is like a beer can, really thin nd easy to weild. Nd no problem bud had the same on my car nd I no it sucks. Took awhile cause I was just starting school nd my instructor came up nd poked at the rust nd went all the way through

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 9:47 PM
there are a few on ebay right now ./\

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search