Cavalier z24 body modifications - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cavalier z24 body modifications
Saturday, January 28, 2012 12:53 PM
I've got z24 cavalier (1996) that i've been wanting to fix up, but I kind of want something unique as well as original to stock body style. So I was wondering if any one had any suggestions as how to go about lowering the existing z24 kit?
Maybe cut the top off and and something to expand and fill the gap? (sorry for my terminology)

Now:

What I want it to look like:

Thanks guys

Re: Cavalier z24 body modifications
Saturday, January 28, 2012 1:33 PM
painted bumper, mirrors, clear corners, and debadging are all very inexpensive.set aside $500, and you'll be golden.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Saturday, January 28, 2012 2:27 PM
If you can get your hands on a technic lip:

that will give you a stock yet lower looking front.

For the sides you might considering going with 03+ Cavalier LS Sport Side Skirts. The skirts do not indent in the center like the earlier years and give the appearance of being 'lower' than the skirts you have now. They may also actually be lower but I do not have any measurements to confirm.

For the rear you may want to go with a Wings West lip for the 95-99.

I think those three things would give you a lower more aggressive look without deviating too far from stock or requiring a lot of fabrication.

Saturday, January 28, 2012 2:50 PM
^^ that rear ww lip is for a base bumper.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Saturday, January 28, 2012 2:59 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:^^ that rear ww lip is for a base bumper.

Good catch. I'm not too familiar with the 95-99 body style, especially the Z's.

Saturday, January 28, 2012 7:35 PM
you could give it a try at extending the front bumper cover, but i think it would be near impossible to do it in a way to hide it with the shape, it's a very curvy bumper with a quite sharp centre vertical crease. i'd just grab an import fighter front if you can find one, or the technic lip as previously mentioned.

Saturday, January 28, 2012 10:33 PM
Go with base reD and base front, pick up the wings West base lip kit. Call it a day.

Sunday, January 29, 2012 11:22 AM
It'd be easier to just drop the car on Eibach Sportlines and Tokico D-Specs...

Sunday, January 29, 2012 11:33 AM
Would sportlines be good on the tokico blues?
Monday, January 30, 2012 6:45 AM
ShadyCav wrote:Would sportlines be good on the tokico blues?

For the front yes, rear I wouldn't chance it.

Monday, January 30, 2012 10:48 PM
Wow thanks guys. lol Some really good ideas and I have been looking at the ww lip kit. They do look pretty nice, I've debadged my car already besides the side trim, haven't done that yet because i'm scared it'll be two-toned or leave a black mark

Sunday, February 05, 2012 6:24 PM
Technic Front Lip, 95-99 Sunfire GT Sideskirts, Import Fighter Rear Bumper, Lower it.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Monday, February 06, 2012 7:12 AM
good luck with Technic lip I have been looking for one for 6 years noone will sell, and Zyaa to far to kick in nuts and steal his lol, Sorry Brad had to....

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Monday, February 06, 2012 10:22 PM
a clean look I think would be technic front lip, import fighter sides, 03+ LS Sport rear bumper. Would be like a OEM + look in my opinion.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Tuesday, February 07, 2012 4:25 AM
Keep the 95-99 Z front bumper, grab some 00-02 Sunfire skirts, 03-05 base rear bumper with a 00-02 rear lip/valance.

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 4:25 PM
lol hey aj i told you... all ya gotta do is pay for the shipping to/from, the costs of reproducing it, and i'll send the technic off to mark @ oem. he's said he's willing to do them in fiberglass OR carbon fiber.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Wednesday, February 08, 2012 8:25 AM
Will newer cavalier bumpers and side skirts fit right on a 96? or will some modifications have to be done?
Wednesday, February 08, 2012 8:52 AM
hmmm oh really..........send me message on fb Ill see if my funds can be collected

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search