Spoiler inquiry - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Spoiler inquiry
Wednesday, February 01, 2012 9:53 PM

What are the odds of this spoiler fitting on my 03 Sunfire? I know it will probably bolt on but I'm speaking in terms of clearance from the tail lights to the bottom of the spoiler. Just eyeing it out it seems it may fit well. I'd just like to make sure.

Re: Spoiler inquiry
Wednesday, February 01, 2012 9:59 PM
That spoiler will NOT work on a sunfire coupe.Totally different shape in the rear. A sunfire sedan will work only because the sedan rear is identical to a cavalier rear. Sunfire coupes rears are unique to coupes only

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 10:17 PM
Sorry I didn't clarify, the car is a sedan. Thanks for clearing all that up! I'm just worried about the top of the tail lights hitting the bottom of the spoiler. I love this look way more than the one on the car now so I think I'm gunna pick it up. You think I may have to re-drill for mounting? I'm new to J's lol don't mind my clueless-ness.
Wednesday, February 01, 2012 10:28 PM
your from canada then? just go try to find a cavalier trunk lid that is the same color with a spoiler on it. would be better if you had pictures of your car.

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 10:54 PM
You could also get a 1995-2002 sedan center piece from another sunfire and be set. They will not interfere with the spoiler either.

Thursday, February 02, 2012 8:44 AM
Actually I think the older center piece may interfere as opposed to the one on my car now...

This one is not my car... but you can see what I'm talking about... I don't want the dip in the spoiler to hit the dip in the tails...

And I don't want to do much swapping of stuff as I like how the rear looks! Minus the current spoiler that is aha
Thursday, February 02, 2012 9:15 AM
I think your right. But there is someone who has an 03-05 rear cavalier tails with the 00-02 z24 spoiler. It worked fine for him

Thursday, February 02, 2012 4:08 PM
I forgot the 03-05 were lowered in the center top. I was thinking they were opposite. lol

Thursday, February 02, 2012 7:57 PM
I wonder how it's going to look planted on the bum of my car... hopefully the holes match up with the ones already drilled on my car for the current spoiler... So many minor things to do on this car but it all adds up in the long run...
Saturday, February 04, 2012 11:08 AM
I think it'll look fine. I've seen a silver Cav with that spoiler and the RKsport carbon fiber bezel which looks awesome so it should fit

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search