HID HEEEELLLPP!! LOL - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HID HEEEELLLPP!! LOL
Monday, February 06, 2012 4:33 PM
hey guys, wondering if you could help me out. I put a hid kit in a 99 sunfire. I disabled the drls so they are not the issue. however the issue is:

When I turn the headlights on at night, the HID's turn on fine and work fine, however the dash says my high beams are on...

So I click the switch to actually turn the high beams on, the dash indicator light stays on, and I get the halogen high beam bulbs turn on, but it seems like the HID bulb stays on but at like a half power kind of thing. so both bulbs on at once..

So is there something I am supposed to switch around? thanks

Re: HID HEEEELLLPP!! LOL
Monday, February 06, 2012 5:44 PM
Are your stock bulbs 9007? and If so, I'm assuming that your HID kit is Xenon Lows and Halogen high? I had an issue something like this when I put HID's into my 04 Cav. It ended up being that there was a diode in the wiring harness that needs to be removed and reinstalled backwards. It because all the j-bodies use a switched ground setup instead of a switched power like most cars. See if your wiring harness has a diode in it and swap the direction to see if it helps. Also, are you using a relay to power your HID's or just the stock headlight sockets? The relay will solve like half of the wiring issues if you use it.
Monday, February 06, 2012 6:45 PM
Hey. I figured it out. I had to swap the pins around in the blue connector. Because the other way locks the high bean on. Works great now!
Monday, February 06, 2012 10:52 PM
Awesome, glad for you!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search