95-99 z bumper lip mod - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
95-99 z bumper lip mod
Saturday, February 11, 2012 10:10 PM
so i got a little idea. I have an 02 z24 rear lip and i want to put it on my 99 z bumper. Anyone think its a good idea or has anyone ever done it before? Anything would help.

Re: 95-99 z bumper lip mod
Saturday, February 11, 2012 10:27 PM
sounds like it will look nice, if it fits. ot to thread jack but I have been contemplating a 00-02 rksport lip on a 95-99 Z front bumper with 00-02 lights. I like the idea of doing different things.

Sunday, February 12, 2012 7:57 AM
yeah ive been thinking about that too. I like doing different things too i want to be original ya know
Monday, February 13, 2012 7:07 AM
I actually plan to do the 95-99 z rear with an lss rear lip.

From holding the lip against the bumper, I think it will look good.

I havent measured to make sure till be the correct length yet. I also have decided to use the stock clips or to use some lord fusor(or similar brand) to bond the lip to the bumper.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Monday, February 13, 2012 10:45 AM
Do you have any pics of it?
Monday, February 13, 2012 11:58 AM
It will look ok but my only gripe was that it had an indentation on where the lip would meet the bumper. The 95-99 Z24 bumpers already have their own "lip" so adding one that requires bolt on will look somewhat goofy. This is my car a LONG time ago when I tried it and a picture of it currently. I home depot lipped the rear and with proper prepping it looks smoother.

Monday, February 13, 2012 12:46 PM
Jeffrey Johler wrote:so i got a little idea. I have an 02 z24 rear lip and i want to put it on my 99 z bumper. Anyone think its a good idea or has anyone ever done it before? Anything would help.

To jeff i beleive that i may be able to assit. I just so happen to have a z rear i just finished for the girl and a lip from my car i can place them together to give u a idea (not modding either to fit the this just mock comparasion) lol. ill try get up pics when i get back fro the store.

To Zs-z i beleive i can show you the 99 front with the rk lip just need to get down to storage to get that lip.

Monday, February 13, 2012 6:45 PM
alright cool post it asap. I know they already technically have their own little lip but i think if you put the lip on right itll look good.
Tuesday, February 14, 2012 6:34 PM
FireRedCav wrote:It will look ok but my only gripe was that it had an indentation on where the lip would meet the bumper. The 95-99 Z24 bumpers already have their own "lip" so adding one that requires bolt on will look somewhat goofy. This is my car a LONG time ago when I tried it and a picture of it currently. I home depot lipped the rear and with proper prepping it looks smoother.

which lip did you home depot and what did you use?

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 6:37 PM
Looks like the red one

*****BLAME IT ON THE ALCOHOL*****
Wednesday, February 15, 2012 1:41 PM
Corey Piper wrote:
FireRedCav wrote:It will look ok but my only gripe was that it had an indentation on where the lip would meet the bumper. The 95-99 Z24 bumpers already have their own "lip" so adding one that requires bolt on will look somewhat goofy. This is my car a LONG time ago when I tried it and a picture of it currently. I home depot lipped the rear and with proper prepping it looks smoother.

which lip did you home depot and what did you use?

They only sell one kind at Home Depot.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 2:59 PM

Best i could get one handed and not scratching the fresh paint. But you get the idea the OP wanted.

Thursday, February 23, 2012 2:35 PM

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search