oem bumper "lip?" question - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
oem bumper "lip?" question
Thursday, February 16, 2012 4:42 PM
just recently bought a 99 cavalier so please excuse my ignorance! there is a black plastic "lip" that comes off of each of the left and right front splash panels that is on the lower part of the bumper. mine are both broken so i am going to get some new ones. the question i have, is their supposed to be something in the middle of the 2 outer pieces? my car has nothing in between? i have been searching for a pic and cant seem to find one i can see it in. i did find an exploded view with what they call an air dam in it and was wondering if this is what is supposed to be in the middle to tie the outer pieces together? hope this makes any sense. thanks for any help, JAY

Re: oem bumper
Thursday, February 16, 2012 5:46 PM

-98 Cavalier Base coupe

Base bumper w/ middle "lip" piece. (Mine was sprayed over by the lazy maaco painter... *fixed now* Yours is black I assume.) I believe that the z24 models have the "air dam" in this location. Hope this helps!

flickr No worries man, just a civil exchange of opinions.

Re: oem bumper
Thursday, February 16, 2012 6:14 PM
yes thanks for the pic! that is the center piece i was referring to. do you know what it might be called? i couldnt believe that gm would have left a big opening in the middle,lol. mine is obviously missing.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search