03 + Projectors - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
03 + Projectors
Thursday, January 05, 2012 11:38 PM
Wonder if these are any good? Kinda boring looking but beats getting custom ones made. I'm tempted to buy these and just sell my custom ones i bought from the group buy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/03-05-CHEVROLET-CAVALIER-ANGEL-EYE-HALO-HI-LOW-BEAM-PROJECTOR-HEADLIGHTS-BLACK-/310370411880?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D5%26po%3D LVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D5412822971651449705#ht_3395wt_995

Re: 03 + Projectors
Friday, January 06, 2012 1:21 AM
try them and tell us how they are, and whats wrong with your group purchase ones?

2010 Lonestar Bash 2nd place J-Body Street Class
2011 texas heatwave 2nd place american compact street class
Friday, January 06, 2012 5:43 AM
I think youll find the light output of these to be alot worse then the ones from the group buy.

These are just crappy ebay projectors and I have had a set they are terrible. Mind you the ones you have are also ebay projectors id like to think they are slightly better.
Friday, January 06, 2012 5:45 AM
Also like to add.

You can do a retro of your own with some morimoto h1 projectors. They have great light output and will blow away both sets you have.
Friday, January 06, 2012 7:07 AM
Philly D wrote:Also like to add.

You can do a retro of your own with some morimoto h1 projectors. They have great light output and will blow away both sets you have.

What makes the morimoto projectors better than the group buy retros?

Friday, January 06, 2012 7:14 AM
To the 03+ ebay ones...

those are too much money in my opinion for what you are getting.

Look up the price of cheap cobalt ones, then look up the 99 Jbody ones.

Either ones can be had for less than $200

Friday, January 06, 2012 9:20 PM
No freaking way.... After 9 long years people are finally making mass produced aftermarket projector headlamp??? I must be seeing things lol.. wow.....

Friday, January 06, 2012 9:36 PM
the 95-99 were around that price when they first came out. give it time.. these will go down in price too

Monday, January 09, 2012 6:08 AM
StatiCav. wrote:the 95-99 were around that price when they first came out. give it time.. these will go down in price too

good to know, I may pick up a set if I can find them cheaper.

Monday, January 09, 2012 7:49 AM
blackbirdracing wrote:
StatiCav. wrote:the 95-99 were around that price when they first came out. give it time.. these will go down in price too

good to know, I may pick up a set if I can find them cheaper.

id buy a set but for 350 ill keep running my stocks lol they aren't yellow yet
Tuesday, January 10, 2012 8:41 PM
Philly D wrote:I think youll find the light output of these to be alot worse then the ones from the group buy.

I think not, at least n my case. My right hid went out like in the first two days and the left hid is pointing at the ground and can't be adjusted any higher. I would sell my crapy group buy lights in a heart beat and just trash the hid's do to the fact u can't find a matching new set and no high/lo function. To me it was a compete waste of money.

Paired with a nice set of hid's I don't think they would be a bad setup (eBay ones).

______________________________________________________________________________________________
~Using nitrous is like having sex with a hot chick with an STD, you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences.~

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 9:21 PM
Mike wrote:
Philly D wrote:I think youll find the light output of these to be alot worse then the ones from the group buy.

I think not, at least n my case. My right hid went out like in the first two days and the left hid is pointing at the ground and can't be adjusted any higher. I would sell my crapy group buy lights in a heart beat and just trash the hid's do to the fact u can't find a matching new set and no high/lo function. To me it was a compete waste of money.

Paired with a nice set of hid's I don't think they would be a bad setup (eBay ones).

Damn they were that bad? I still haven't even gotten mine yet i wonder how many people still didn't get theirs.
Wednesday, January 11, 2012 11:46 AM
Mark T wrote:
Mike wrote:

Damn they were that bad? I still haven't even gotten mine yet i wonder how many people still didn't get theirs.

I can only speak for myself but yeah they were. Maybe yours will be better who knows. Good luck though.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
~Using nitrous is like having sex with a hot chick with an STD, you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences.~
Thursday, January 12, 2012 3:42 PM
y do people class shyt sold on ebay, EBAY BRAND??? Eagle Eye ( whoever they are) made these not ebay, someone puts this stuff on ebay to sell it , THATS IT!! not 1 thing I ever bought on ebay said Ebay anywhere on it lol other than that give it some time, like a year or so and these definatly will be cheaper but I spent just over $400 cdn building my own so I wouldn't waste my money RIGHT NOW , unless money is no issue, also I had the 95-99 halo projectors in my green car and the light output with hid's was pretty good, so these should be the same but the halo's suck just like these 1's will. I think these are a little bland but if you color match they might come to life a bit.

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood
Thursday, January 12, 2012 4:17 PM
lafonjef wrote:
Philly D wrote:Also like to add.

What makes the morimoto projectors better than the group buy retros?

I don't kno what projectors were used in most of your guys headlights but I bought the Morimoto H1 4.1 Projectors from EBAY but through theretrofitsource.com cuz yes they have a ebay store and it was a little cheaper to get them there than their site, anyway these use H1 HID bulbs which I kno is cheaper than 9007 Bi Xenon bulbs to replace, and most projectors have a cut off in them but Morimoto cutoff is your hi beam, it has a solenoid on it so when you hit your hi beam the cutoff lays down to give you a full beam hid projector also other projectors you have to take time to line them up and make sure they aim right, Morimoto come with a threaded back on them and with an 9007 adapter that lines it up for you and a silicone washer, you thread the back on and the tighter u go the better it lines up so ANYBODY could build their own headlights, as for the output, soon as I get my lights in my car I'll take pictures but IMO I think this would make them better and sorry for the long write up lol

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood
Thursday, January 12, 2012 9:51 PM
the headlights themselves look just like the good stock reproductions sold for the last few years. having said that ill assume the projectors inside are cheap, unfocused pieces of crap with a @!#$ty cutoff line, that have (chrome) sprayed reflector housings. so most likely the headlights are fine but the projectors are garbage. if you were to stick oem projectors in there they would be great. thats why ill stick with my oem projector retrofits id do, ive built dozens of headlights with oem units and the only problem ive ever had was condensation. and that was my fault, his headlights were resealed for free,

just my 2 cents

Thursday, January 12, 2012 9:52 PM
op who did you gp from? ive heard that benhams are always top quality.

Saturday, January 21, 2012 11:46 AM
i have an Eagle eye brand OE replacment light and its way nicer than the OE light
Saturday, January 21, 2012 1:31 PM
The Boost Creep (ECOsleeper) wrote:op who did you gp from? ive heard that benhams are always top quality.

That was what I always heard. However I can not support that statement based on the ones I have. If you like ebay fit/finish, poor reliability, no instructions, and @!#$ty alignment why pay more for the GP ones when you can get the same results with ebay sourced light??

BTW, if its cold outside get used to several attempts to get both HIDs to strike. Yesterday it was about 6* out and it took three miles of driving and attempting to finally get at least one light to strike. If it wasnt cold out I would be pulling these and going back to my old "wrong way to do it" steup that worked flawlessly for years. I do not like pulling plastic parts off when its this cold.

Saturday, January 21, 2012 4:06 PM
^ i was debating those..if you have problems with them, why not talk to him and see if he'll fix them? im sure he wouldnt sell them if he expected them to be low quality. From what Ive heard/seen they seem quite well made. Infact if I didnt have so much money going into my s/c setup, Id have purchased a set of Benhams lights by now

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Saturday, January 21, 2012 10:13 PM
only way to fix some of the issues is to completely tear the headlights apart and start over. With as long as it took the get them the first time around and teh fact that people are still waiting, im not wasting my time with that route. Just have to take the loss and deal with a poor product. Also, I am not the only one that has had problems.

Saturday, January 21, 2012 11:04 PM
damn man that sucks...well i just want a good projector setup because the halogens are sh!t and in my area that i live, i need good lighting. i dont want to blind people, so i want a real projector setup...maybe Ill buy someones behams at a discount, ive seen some for sale off and on.

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Sunday, January 22, 2012 5:06 AM
Thats another problem with the GP lights. In teh three years of running the "wrong way" I was flashed maybe a total of 5 times. I get flashed at least once or twice a week now. One was aimed as low as it could go and the other just slightly below it (the one high beam actually hits the ground well before the low beam) however the cheap headlights used for the base seem to be unable to hold a setting. the lights are slowly creeping higher and it takes a lot of adjusting to try and keep them low.

Thursday, February 16, 2012 6:49 PM
Thursday, February 16, 2012 6:51 PM
I'm also picking up my retros from John this weekend, so im hoping all goes well with them!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search