Teaser..(yeah I know, from me of all people lol) - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Teaser..(yeah I know, from me of all people lol)
Monday, February 06, 2012 8:39 PM

Re: Teaser..(yeah I know, from me of all people lol)
Monday, February 06, 2012 8:53 PM
Okay a bit more.

and one last peek...

And an idea of the chosen rims/colors(also be painting cam towers/manifold same color):

Going to lower it about 1.2-1.5" on KYB AGX's. not sure on spring brand yet.

The current Exterior(cavfire) will be staying till I get the kit painted in late April/Early may(just can't do the primered body kit thing), also modifying the bumper for use with 00-02 headlights(amber corners).

Monday, February 06, 2012 10:16 PM
Quit teasing and do work, lets see how this thing looks!

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Tuesday, February 07, 2012 4:22 AM
Its too cold here to do painting right now(okay maybe more like waiting on rest of tax refund), body kit has a few imperfections that need to be fixed before painting as well.
Our car club has a meet on the 25th, gonna mount up the kit for the meet so I'll snap some pictures when I got it all on.
keeping in mind that the kit isn't painted, or lowered but give a glimpse into the future.

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 1:51 PM
You're turning into Azncav lol do it THEN post it

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 2:47 PM
This is like 2 day old news

I'm personally not a fan of pre 03 fire front ends, so I'm excited to see the new facelift. Nice pick up on the hood too, oem style carbon fiber is the way to go. I'm still trying to find one locally. Keep the updates coming!

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 4:22 PM
i cant see the pics here at work but if i were you id smooth the sharp body line on the sunfire fenders to match the cavalier better and do evil eyes (if that hood you have doesnt already)

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Wednesday, February 08, 2012 1:39 AM
Brad: He's ditching the Sunfire front for 00-02. Pics are of a VIS cf hood and drift body kit for Cavalier.

Thursday, February 09, 2012 7:18 AM
Some progress updates.
after removing the 95-99 corner light bracket, drivers side is ready.

Drift sides

Small crack on underside of one skirt

Previous owner.. before the previous owner lol did this to drivers side.
Again should be a easy fix.

I'll have more pics as I get more progress done.
Going tomorrow to pick up some brand new 205 45 17 tires for my SRT4 rims.
Then going to test fit the side skirts, rear bumper and front bumper.

Will have kit painted around late april/early may(don't worry it will be sitting in storage till its painted).

Thursday, February 09, 2012 8:31 AM
Do you have the brackets for the headlights?

Thursday, February 09, 2012 3:44 PM
Josh Watson wrote:Going tomorrow to pick up some brand new 205 45 17 tires for my SRT4 rims

205/45? Why not 215/45 or 225/45?

Thursday, February 09, 2012 9:44 PM
Got a great deal on them(brand new set for $190), and stock size for SRT4 rims is 205 50 17
215 is really as wide as the SRT rims will accept, as they are only 17x6

Was in the middle of test fitting the rest of the front end when I got called into work, had to slap the sunfire bumper support back on before I could finish trimming it.
corner lights aren't aligned right because I didn't cut off enough of the bracket to fit them.

while I LOVE the 00-02 headlights, I'm not too keen on cutting up the drift front bumper to fit the 00-02. Might get a free set of 95-99 headlights, fenders and bumper support bar.
So.. I'm leaning towards 95-99 at least for now.

Going monday or tuesday to get the windshield replaced YAY.
Also getting some Z28(leather) front seats, and beginning the swap to a black/gray/graphite interior.
As well as replacing fuel pump next week(got 3/4 of a tank of gas, gotta use it up a bit).

Saturday, February 11, 2012 8:12 AM
WAS looking at modifying the 95-99 drift bumper to use 00-02 headlights, but decided to stay with 95-99 so later down the road I can use the one piece halo headlights.

if I can find a set of 215 45 17's in the future I will switch sizes, for now I've got Michelin 205 45 17 being run.

After much pondering on rim color, think I'm gonna stay with a simple gloss black(all current painting was done by previous owner).

Drift front bumper, since I decided not to use the 00-02 headlights, its just sitting there.. all lonely till I get the 95-99 front end parts.

Crossing my fingers this guy will let me swap my fenders and bumper crush guard and headlights for a 95-99 set of headlights, fenders(cut my brackets..) and crush guard.
As well has a black dash, rear seat and carpet(get rid of this blue interior).
and can't remember if I said this or not, but getting a set of Z28(leather) seats for the front seats

Note these fenders are all warped and out of shape(and still have Sunfire bumper support)

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 9:27 AM
Got the front end set up, just gotta remove bumper absorber and front end will be ready to go.
Test fitted the skirts, aside from some slight warping, they fit great and after some screws they will fit nicely.
Really want a set of one piece halo/projector headlights.

Here's a preview of sorts(corner lights aren't tightened all the way).

Decided on some future(later this year) work I'm gonna do;
Shaved antenna and fuel door, shaved trunk lid, molded Sunfire c-pillars, possibly making the scoop/vents in the skirts functional.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search