Front end lighting harness? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Front end lighting harness?
Monday, February 13, 2012 7:38 AM
Anyone know of a good place to get one in ontario canada other than a junkyard. the previous owner of my car rewired abunch of stuff and i don`t know exactly what he did so im just gonna replace it instead of trying to figure out what exactly he did. Or if anyone has one they wanna sell that is still good? its for a 1996 z24.

Re: Front end lighting harness?
Monday, February 13, 2012 7:42 AM
Besides the junkyard? Hmm.... Dealer?

Monday, February 13, 2012 10:49 AM
yea but id pay out the ass for it. is it just one harness for all the front end lighting or is it more than one?

Monday, February 13, 2012 3:41 PM
its just one.. you can maybe remove the harness and just take everything out extra he put in. and just rewire it back to stock condition. if you have all the materials it would be a free fix.

Monday, February 13, 2012 5:51 PM
True.

Thursday, February 16, 2012 9:57 AM
StatiCav (AznCav) wrote:its just one.. you can maybe remove the harness and just take everything out extra he put in. and just rewire it back to stock condition. if you have all the materials it would be a free fix.

I did the above using parts from a donor junkyard harness for any burned out sockets.

Removed all of GM's crap crimps, re soldered and shrink wrapped everything, taped it all up and re-loomed and reinstalled.

Total cost including the donor harness was about $45 and it took me about 6 hours to do working slowly, tracing every wire and doing everything properly. (The harness was a hacked up MESS.)

This is really the only way to make sure everything is in good working order, and it gave me a chance to integrate my HID relay harness and extra detachable harnesses for my toyota fender turn signals etc.

Good luck!

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Thursday, February 16, 2012 8:06 PM
45 dollars? dang... a harness from the yard for me cost 10 dollars lol. full replacement

Thursday, February 16, 2012 8:33 PM
Yea I called the jy here and they said $20. What years will match a 96 Z24?

Friday, February 17, 2012 12:35 PM
$40 includes the new harness, wire, solder, shrink wrap, and all new loom and electrical tape.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Tuesday, February 21, 2012 4:23 PM
95-99 Z24 only

i got an 03-05 sunfire harness for my 99 and changed the plugs when i did my 00+ dash and harness swap and made mine much cleaner

JBO since July 30, 2001
Tuesday, February 21, 2012 4:38 PM
95s are actually different from what others came up with.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 11:19 AM
ok thx abunch everyone. ill hopefully get to that after i move up to petawawa, ontario. more money and more time. lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search