Front End Conversion,..Question.. - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Front End Conversion,..Question..
Wednesday, February 22, 2012 1:49 PM
okay so I have a 1997 cavalier and I want to do a conversion to the front bumber, rear bumper, and possibly side skirts? I want the 2004 ls sport front bumper, the rear bumper with the lip. and im not sure if its the body or if there is a side skirt on them. but anyways thats the idea im going for. anybody do this before? I just need to know what I need to modify. pics would be helpful,..thanks

Re: Front End Conversion,..Question..
Wednesday, February 22, 2012 3:08 PM
hm id kinda like to know this too...i also have a 97 cavi 2d and this sounds like an interesting idea
Wednesday, February 22, 2012 3:37 PM
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=7&i=315239&t=315239
That's for your front bumper question.

Rear bumper you'll need the bumper, the Styrofoam guard behind the LSS bumper and I think brackets for said bumper.

As for the side skirts, I am no help. Sorry.

2001 Cav Sedan LS - Work In Progress - Sunalier Status
Wednesday, February 22, 2012 5:29 PM
you will also need to swap wire harness for the front. pure bolt on. front end you need

headlights
bumper mounting brackets
hood.
bumper
bumpers crush guard
and harness for headlight swap.. best bet is to use the cavalier one from a 2000, and i think 96-02 sunfires i think*

Thursday, February 23, 2012 12:39 PM
Okay thanks for the help guys. Ill look toward to doing it this spring
Thursday, February 23, 2012 1:27 PM
what azn said plus on the rear you will need the bumper the foam pad behind it aswell as the brackets in the wheel wells/ reapanels. They are usually still on the bunmper when you remove it. this mods been done many times in diff way weather just rear or just front etc. as for the sides if you dont have skirts now you will need to drill the holes to mount them there are 9 alone in the rocker let alone the 6+ under the car and one in each wheel well. the sides need the mounting clips and the skirts them selves. keep in mind if you remove the sides from a sedan to use on a coupe the area under the door will be off since the sedans are straight where the coupes curve in. and visversa. the front n rears can be used on and from either a coupe or sedan. the light harness is a must since you will be going from a 9005/9006 seperate bulb setup to a 9007 dual beam setup so any sunfire 95-02 or cavy 2000+ will work since they use the single bulb dual beam setup. where as 95-99 cavs and 03+ fires used seperate bulbs. Have fun enjoy and post progress pics!!!!!

Saturday, February 25, 2012 6:59 AM
ill be sure to post progress pics. I'm good with the mechanics part but not too good with body mods. So thanks for the help!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search