help please - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
help please
Wednesday, February 22, 2012 6:49 PM
so i was thinking of shaving just my door locks and not my handles but cant seem to find any helpful information in this forum or any kind of kit for it. all the kits ive seen are for shaving the handle as well. can someone just point me in the right direction?

Re: help please
Wednesday, February 22, 2012 7:12 PM
1. Cut a piece of metal to fill the hole and weld it in.
2. Profit.

Error: Sig not found.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 7:48 PM
lol that doesnt work if i want to be able to unlock my door from the outside.
Wednesday, February 22, 2012 8:11 PM
Key fab. If you shave it you won't be able to without it. That would defeat the purpose.
Wednesday, February 22, 2012 8:27 PM
thats what im talking about. all i can find is poppers for shaving locks AND handles though. or would that work for what i want?
Thursday, February 23, 2012 8:48 AM
Thursday, February 23, 2012 4:59 PM
It occured to me while at work today that this might be better off in the audio and electronics forum. If that's the case can a mod please move this or lock it?
Thursday, February 23, 2012 9:32 PM
If your just doing locks you don't need poppers. Just do what was previously said.
Friday, February 24, 2012 6:28 PM
Thanks I already knew I needed to fill in the hole and that I needed a key fob. I just didn't know what kind of kit I should be looking for as I have manual locks. I found what I needed though. Was searching shaved locks when I should have been searching for keyless entry. Thanks though.
Saturday, February 25, 2012 5:52 PM
FYI S10 door actuators made by AVS fit the J bodies it you flip them over and wire them backwards to push using pushrods.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search