HID's for 2004 cav. - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HID's for 2004 cav.
Wednesday, March 07, 2012 10:59 AM
i know this has probably been asked 1000+ times throughout the site. but im just curious if i could get a reliable site that has preferably 8K HID's price isnt a problem i just want quality.

Re: HID's for 2004 cav.
Wednesday, March 07, 2012 3:41 PM
theretrofitsource.com check them out

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood
Wednesday, March 07, 2012 5:16 PM
what would fit an 04 cav?
Thursday, March 08, 2012 5:45 PM
I bought mine from carid.com....

required a slight mod to the wiring harness because our cars use a switched ground instead of switched power, but it was easy enough.

here's a link to the Mod:
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=7&i=392811&t=392811

I ordered 5000k bulbs, but the color temperature wont change anything.

along with theretrofitsouce, ddm tuning is also a good company.

Hope that helps!
Friday, March 09, 2012 1:56 PM
whatever you do dont order from DDMTuning. They ripped me off $90 when they failed 2 days into using them and refused to replace them. I even got the more expensive 9007 with hi/low and the extra relay harness. both that AND the stock harness for the HIDs corroded at the circuitry parts.

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Friday, March 09, 2012 6:21 PM
I had a friend order some for me off ebay.For the price they work great and 100% plug n play.
Friday, March 09, 2012 9:49 PM
evil lives wrote:I had a friend order some for me off ebay.For the price they work great and 100% plug n play.

I agree, ebay are what I use ad never had a problem in 6 years but 00-05 are not plug and play, 9007 bulbs are what ur lookin for to fit ur car, most 9007 kits have Bi-Xenon bulbs and they come with a wiring harness that runs off ur battery, you also have to ground both ballast plugs but if u go to theretrofitsource.com they sell a standalone harness that eliminates that battery type harness and makes it plug and play, it also takes away the bulb out light and hid flicker.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=238

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood
Sunday, March 11, 2012 2:07 PM
i got my 9007 hi/low 55w and my 35w fog light bulbs from ddm tuning with there digital slim ballast and never had one problem with them hell since i ordered these i ordered over 15 more sets for people that i know

Sunday, March 11, 2012 6:13 PM
Sorry forgot my car is a 05 sunfire
Monday, March 12, 2012 10:45 PM
PGHCav wrote:i got my 9007 hi/low 55w and my 35w fog light bulbs from ddm tuning with there digital slim ballast and never had one problem with them hell since i ordered these i ordered over 15 more sets for people that i know

mine were installed for two days, properly too. i was driving down the road at night and my lights flickered, then shut off AT 65MPH on the highway in pitch black conditions!

turns out the relays corroded, and they werent in direct moisture/water. called DDM, he refused even with pictures and a legit story. I spent $90 for the kit and he kept saying 'sorry, thats not our fault the relay came apart and that it corroded'... i even asked if he'd just send the relay harness and the extra wiring harness (i bought the extra one for $15), he said nope, for the hi/lows you have to buy the whole kit as he doesnt offer just the harness. so to each their own! that right there is reason to bar them for good.

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Thursday, March 15, 2012 1:34 PM
blu04DD wrote:
PGHCav wrote:i got my 9007 hi/low 55w and my 35w fog light bulbs from ddm tuning with there digital slim ballast and never had one problem with them hell since i ordered these i ordered over 15 more sets for people that i know

mine were installed for two days, properly too. i was driving down the road at night and my lights flickered, then shut off AT 65MPH on the highway in pitch black conditions!

turns out the relays corroded, and they werent in direct moisture/water. called DDM, he refused even with pictures and a legit story. I spent $90 for the kit and he kept saying 'sorry, thats not our fault the relay came apart and that it corroded'... i even asked if he'd just send the relay harness and the extra wiring harness (i bought the extra one for $15), he said nope, for the hi/lows you have to buy the whole kit as he doesnt offer just the harness. so to each their own! that right there is reason to bar them for good.

I've had my 8000k ddm hids for two years now with no issues, also running the relay harness. Maybe you just got a bad batch? To the OP also make sure to disable your DRL's when you install your hids.

Dave

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search