Hood question and driving? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Hood question and driving?
Thursday, March 15, 2012 8:16 PM
Okay, so i'm planning to go buy a hood tomorrow and its about a 45 minute drive, mostly back roads in PA, but still paved. but Im going to need to take 1 bigger road where it is 55mph, I dont think I can put the hood in the car, so My idea is to drive there with no hood at all and bolt the new one on when I get there. any problems I should be worried about?

Re: Hood question and driving?
Friday, March 16, 2012 5:45 AM
I've done that before. You may get harrassed by cops if they want to be annoying and depending on local laws.

Only thing I'd be concerned about is if it's raining but looking at your profile, you appear to have a stock intake. Otherwise, you should be fine.

Friday, March 16, 2012 7:45 AM
yes stock intake, and everything else is stock under the hood. and I dont plan on going in the rain.

Friday, March 16, 2012 1:39 PM
Id risk it. I drove 6 hours hoodless to get mine. no issues except a lot of WTF looks.

Friday, March 16, 2012 4:21 PM
thanks guys, im planning to make the trip on monday!! this is the hood, anyone know what kind of hood it is?

Friday, March 16, 2012 5:38 PM
I did alittle looking(because i will be doing the same thing) and what i saw was that it wasnt illegal to drive hoodless in PA.

Error: Sig not found.

Sunday, March 18, 2012 5:22 PM
chris M wrote:thanks guys, im planning to make the trip on monday!! this is the hood, anyone know what kind of hood it is?

Nice choice man, take a look at my profile for more info on it

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 7:17 AM
I think I drove with a complete front end (Hood, bumper and fenders) off of my car to the location where we put a new front end on. lol

2001 Cav Sedan LS - Work In Progress - Sunalier Status
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search