Side window interchange - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Side window interchange
Sunday, March 25, 2012 3:20 PM
I used to have a cavfire an today I started thinkin about other parts that could have changed over. Has any one ever replaced the cavalier side window with the sunfire side window. I made a quick pic in paint. The pic I used is a cavalier with a sunfire front end, also its not my car.

Just curious if anyone has tried this before

Re: Side window interchange
Sunday, March 25, 2012 3:52 PM
You will also need to change the rear quarter panels. The c pillar cover comes up short on a cav.

Sunday, March 25, 2012 4:01 PM
sounds expensive for what you get and what do you get a larger blind spot

JBO since July 30, 2001
Thursday, April 19, 2012 6:45 AM
Just passing by and was curious because I was actually thinking of something similar.

What about taking a sunfire, and installing the cavalier side windows?

If the Cpillar cover comes up short putting a sunfire window in a cavalier, would you in turn just need to remove material from the cpillar cover to do a Cavalier window on a sunfire?

Ive never had these pieces off and in my hand, or even a direct side by side to measure, but Ive been thinking about this for awhile.
Thursday, April 19, 2012 10:21 AM
Same problem. It's the glass that won't fit properly... You'll have to swap quarter panels and cut out some metal to get the cavalier window to fit.

Saturday, April 21, 2012 7:07 AM
boo :/ lol thanks for the info. I actually went to 'look at' a z24 that was for sale this AM and took some measurements.(Boy was this guy confused lol)

I was under the impression that the quarter panels were only where the tail lights/trunk area is. I didn't realize just how much the dimensions differed the whole way up to the doorjam.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search