Projector Headlights, HID's, etc.....who wants them (for ANYTHING)? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Projector Headlights, HID's, etc.....who wants them (for ANYTHING)?
Tuesday, January 25, 2011 7:46 PM
Well it has been a while, I had some account issues here, and was unable to log on for quite some time. I finally found out what was wrong, logged in, and BAM!! Over 100 unanswered PM's, mostly about headlights. A couple things I need to address, When I was unable to log on, I lost all present orders, from what I can tell I got everyones orders straight. If you did order something and did NOT receive it, PLEASE EMAIL ME ASAP @ jandmcustoms@verizon.net

Back on subject, there were TONS of emails asking about retro headlights, HID kits, parts, etc. for J-bodies, and whatever else. Instead of replying to all these pm's, some a couple months old....I am just going to make a post, and gauge interest in another GP selling all this stuff.

I will be making these in a different format than before, due to my limited time to work on these. I have some help in fellow .org member Chris Posa working on these with me, but I will only be making these in small batches, instead of whenever people order them.

Here are some pics of past j-body work, thanks to all members whom installed pics I am using.

95-99 Cavalier (built for Dan Cummings)

95-02 Sunfire (Built for Luis Marroquin)

(Built for Satchmoe)

pics coming soon.

00-02 Cavalier
(Built for Blindz24)

(Built for CLC)

Others:

03+ Sunfire

03+ Cavalier

More pics are available, and i will be posting up more, but trying to see interest.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, January 25, 2011 7:58 PM

Re: Projector Headlights, HID's, etc.....who wants them (for ANYTHING)?
Tuesday, January 25, 2011 7:51 PM
Hey John

Can you build Cobalt Retros?

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 7:55 PM
do want
is there a price list?

Sig thanks to bxmobkrazey on gmscf.com
Tuesday, January 25, 2011 8:10 PM
evan barnes wrote: do want
is there a price list?

X2
Tuesday, January 25, 2011 8:27 PM
Chrismac902 wrote:
is there a price list?

X2

X3
Tuesday, January 25, 2011 8:37 PM
is there a price list?

Price list I dont want to get overly detailed with at this point. Base price will depend on year/make/model, but many will start out @ $325 + shipping and would include new headlights, full HID kit with lifetime warranty ballasts, ccfl angel eye, and "plug n play" relay harnesses, some will also include led lighting as well as an angel eye.

Options will include (again depending on vehicle) housing paint, extra angel eyes, audi style leds, projector turn signals, matching corners....or whatever else you can come up with.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 8:40 PM
D-Mac wrote:Hey John

Can you build Cobalt Retros?

yes.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 8:44 PM
Hmmm, Would like to see more of those 03's on a car if possible. Where is the turn signal? Or is just the lens changed?? Very interested.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 9:14 PM
I would be very interested in a set for my 03Z, and like Mike, I would like to see some more of those 03's.

Dan

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 9:26 PM
same also have an 03 would like to see some more pics
Tuesday, January 25, 2011 9:46 PM
i would like to see a set red halos for my 05 ls if thats a possibility

2010 Lonestar Bash 2nd place J-Body Street Class

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 1:02 AM
Sorry for the threadjack, but I've been brainstorming an idea similar to this. Would it be possible to build a set of Sunflower lights like these? Pardon my horrible MSPaint skills.
Attachments
sunfyrlight.jpg (164k)

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 2:30 AM
ok guys, i will post up some more 03 light pics....not sure how many installed pics i have though....to answer some of your questions....

the turn signal shown is the projector turn signal option, everything remains stock except for the lens.

i dont like to do red angel eyes anymore.....they tend to wash out, and look pink. if thats what you really want, ill get them, but just a heads up.

roofy, that wouldnt be a problem. these are ALL bixenon projectors, so the inner projector isnt necessary (for an HID high beam) - the outer has low and high beam, but asthetically we could work with that, just depends how you want to wire everything up.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 2:54 AM
Hmm, just to get a idea, If I ordered a set I would ask for something very simple, and very similar to the 03 you have pictured already, but painted white housing, without the angel eye (Chicago and surrounding areas are very picky about other colors in headlights so just a simple projector would be perfect for me) what would be the cost on something like that. I know not much of a change, but just 03 Cavalier projector no angel eye and white housing. Thanks!!!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 4:58 AM
That 03 Cavi one is exactly what I was looking for.. something simple and clean!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 6:46 AM
I see my name

HUB SPACER BLOW OUT SALE!!! Get yours before they're gone!

I <3 JGM

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 4:42 PM
mmmmm more 03 fire light pics please, im interested.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 6:17 PM
Ok, here are some action shots of the projector turns, please note these pics are to display the projector turn signals only, I am no longer making this style 03+ cavalier light.

(ztwatyfo)

Mike Z A.K.A SNEEZY wrote:Hmm, just to get a idea, If I ordered a set I would ask for something very simple, and very similar to the 03 you have pictured already, but painted white housing, without the angel eye (Chicago and surrounding areas are very picky about other colors in headlights so just a simple projector would be perfect for me) what would be the cost on something like that. I know not much of a change, but just 03 Cavalier projector no angel eye and white housing. Thanks!!!

I can do a white housing, these particular projectors have the angel eye built into them, but I could do a white angel eye, and maybe white led accent lights as well. or you could just not hook it up.... I would do that for the base price listed + $10 for painting.

Spencer wrote:mmmmm more 03 fire light pics please, im interested.

This is all i got.

I am loading several more 03+ cav lights as I type, I will post them later......I do NOT have any installed pics, so anyone who bought some, feel free to post up.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 6:21 PM
i still want you to vacuum form my shrouds

had to resort to fiberglass.. made my first one last weekend.. a lot of sanding in my future lol.. guess you cant be super cool and have it easy right?

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 6:41 PM
Stephen (manta z) wrote:i still want you to vacuum form my shrouds

had to resort to fiberglass.. made my first one last weekend.. a lot of sanding in my future lol.. guess you cant be super cool and have it easy right?

dats right, you got pics of your glass shrouds?

here are a couple more 03+ pics too.

(these have the larger projector with LED accent lighting)

I dont want to overload this thread with pics, and i have lots more, so if there is something specific you want to see, pm or email me.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 8:08 PM
PM'd

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 11:26 PM
Are there different diameter projectors that you can use?

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Thursday, January 27, 2011 7:56 AM
very nice stuff as always john, looks top quality.

Thursday, January 27, 2011 1:57 PM
Is there any way you can get me another wiring harness for the headlights you made for me?

Not sure if you remember or not, but a relay or something got fried within the relay harness and I could never pinpoint the exact problem for you to try and warranty the harness. At this point, I would be happy with just a new harness.

If you can do this, let me know. I would love to be running these again as they were AWESOME when I did run them.

Thursday, January 27, 2011 5:41 PM
No pics of mine I C there John. lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search