quarter panel interchangeable years - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
quarter panel interchangeable years
Friday, March 16, 2012 1:04 AM
my cav is a 2005 and i and i need a quarter panel. from 95-05 they look identical but there different part numbers. i've found 05-02 for 150 on ebay but 03-05 are anywhere from 250 to 300 then you have to add in shipping. can i use on from 95 and up or do i need one from an 03 to 05?

Re: quarter panel interchangeable years
Friday, March 16, 2012 5:46 AM
95-05 are the same

Monday, March 19, 2012 6:24 PM
there are very small differences in the years (older styles have the vents in the door jamb and newer doesnt, etc) but all 95-05s will work on each other

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 8:44 AM
i always wondered why the older one's had vents and the newer one's did not...

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Saturday, March 24, 2012 1:50 PM
hard to tell. new stamping process? change in safety regulations? or perhaps they just moved it somewhere else. i know there were other small changes in 00+ structures, esp around the trunk area.

Saturday, March 24, 2012 2:13 PM
The vents were cabin pressure release opeing like the old trans ams n such. I know in 2000+they moved the vent to the lower quarters in the trunk and thejambs were closed up then.

Saturday, March 24, 2012 3:27 PM
yeah i know thats what they were for...just wasnt sure why the change. i thought i saw a similar vent in the trunk of an 02 lss at a yard recently, but wasnt sure the logic behind the move.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 6:37 PM
Just find a decent one in a yard and pull it from there.. that way you see what you're pulling AAAAND it will LIKELY ultimately be cheaper

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 6:59 PM
you can still luck out on ebay. got a brand new GM panel for i think it was $100. the u pull it a few hours away would have cost me $80

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search