Are Rally Sport and Z24 power mirrors the same? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Are Rally Sport and Z24 power mirrors the same?
Friday, March 09, 2012 6:14 PM
Hi Guys,

Will the power mirrors from a 1997 Cavalier Rally Sport coupe fit on my 1997 Z24 coupe? I need to make sure because a few months ago I purchased a passenger side power mirror off Ebay and the guy told me it was from a coupe. After a couple of months when I went to install the mirror, it didn't fit. The base was different. I couldn't file a complain because I waited too long to install it. (won't happen again).

Thanks for any info.

Luis B.

Re: Are Rally Sport and Z24 power mirrors the same?
Friday, March 09, 2012 6:43 PM
If the base is different, it's probably off a 4 door. Coupe mirrors are interchangeable regardless of whether they're from an RS or Z24

Friday, March 09, 2012 8:40 PM
coupe, convertibles and sedans have different mounting bases.

Saturday, March 10, 2012 5:31 AM
StatiCav (AznCav) wrote:coupe, convertibles and sedans have different mounting bases.

yep its all about the angels. the coupes will fit any coupe 95-05 regaurdless of trim paclage oe rally, z24, ls,lss etc. now the same apllys for verts and sedans how ever interchanging between the 3 is a diff game all together. let base it off the coupes shape. the base for the sedan mirrors even tho very similar in shape accually has a steeper whindsheild pitch line that it follows there for making it taller as the roof line on sedans are pitched up more as to allow for the full use of rear seat design where the coupe is lower in design foe design n function as a coupe. now back to the bases.
the convertible bases if you take notice are heavily rounded along the base's outter edge due to the placement of added weather strippping and this forms a more smoother transition/ security to hold the rubbers in place. so while the vert vs coupe/sedan mirrors are very obvious to see that edge the sedans vs coupes can be harder off the car to those who are not as familiar with js as it seems your seller was not and he prob just picks parts to flip. however a coupe placed next to the sedan you will clearly tell apples from oranges.

g/l -BDC

Saturday, March 10, 2012 9:02 AM
Forgot about the verts lol

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 10:37 AM
any idea what the best way to go about getting toyo mirrors on a vert?
Tuesday, March 13, 2012 10:42 AM
How can you forget verts lol i love my vert.

Best way for toyos on a vert would prob be go with coupe mirrors as they are the closest however since you dont have a door frame to worry about a sedan will work n nit be to noticible.

Sunday, March 18, 2012 2:33 PM
My Toyota mirrors are sedan. They aren't too bad on the coupe. Could use a little more work to sit a little more flush but its hard to tell unless you are specifically looking for the difference.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Thursday, March 29, 2012 11:20 AM
Thanks to all that replied.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search