rear spacers with drift skirts - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
rear spacers with drift skirts
Friday, April 06, 2012 9:05 AM
Anyone running rear spacers and drift side skirts? I'm trying to balance the rear out a bit since the drift side skirts stick out so far in the back. I think 1" would be good, but then again it may be too big. (I'd use adapters if I go that large) Anyways, what size do you have/think would look best? In my case, the rear bumber is the BC2.

12.6 @ 114.6 MPH

Re: rear spacers with drift skirts
Friday, April 06, 2012 9:12 AM
Rims are 17x7.5 with +45 offset.

12.6 @ 114.6 MPH

Monday, April 09, 2012 5:19 PM
if you put inch spacers just on the back, your back tires will be sticking out a half inch wider then your front tires on each side.

Straight lines are over-rated In My Opinion =]
Monday, April 09, 2012 5:20 PM
lol on my 96 i had explozion side skirts and i did 2" spacers on a 7" wide rim and it looked sick.

Monday, April 09, 2012 5:24 PM
I was running 1/2" hub spacers with my Drift sides but my tires rubbed over any decent bumps.

I don't know the differences between the coupe and sedan quarters but by being lowered 2" or so on Goldlines, I could maybe do a 1/4" spacers without rubbing.

My wheels are 17x7 with a +40 offset btw

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 6:33 AM
my ride was stock height, so i had no problem. i also had 1 inch spacers on the front with the 17x7 rim and the were so close to rubbing the front drift kit when i turned it wasnt funny.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 7:51 AM
^ Mexico wants their spacers back homie.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 10:01 AM
ninja bling wrote:my ride was stock height, so i had no problem. i also had 1 inch spacers on the front with the 17x7 rim and the were so close to rubbing the front drift kit when i turned it wasnt funny.

You've got a Drift kit on stock suspension? I thought I was cool in high school too...

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 11:08 PM
that had to look horrible

Thursday, April 12, 2012 7:04 AM
um actually no it looked pretty good. so idk why all the hostility. i live in RI pot hole capital of the US im not gonna lowerer my ride and be a penny scrapper. Some of you people on here have the weirdest thoughts on what looks bad... like seriously if its not your car then why do you care so much that i had a drift kit with stock suspension?

Thursday, April 12, 2012 7:07 AM
lol yeah mad typos... dgaf

Thursday, April 12, 2012 8:21 AM
Jbodys not lowered look awful j/s

z28guy(KGM BEOTCH)
Thursday, April 12, 2012 9:13 AM
I thought my body kit looked pretty good until I lowered my car 2" on Goldlines and figured out that wheel gap isn't that great. I don't have the best roads in Fl either but I'll never go back to stock lol

Interested to see a pic...

Thursday, April 12, 2012 1:33 PM
this is with no spacers
when i first started the project i never finish =[

Thursday, April 12, 2012 1:34 PM
So yeah anyway about this mans spacer question..... lol

Thursday, April 12, 2012 5:40 PM
sorry that looks horrible. this is a public forum and you will get all kinds of opinions. you either take it with a grain of salt or disappear like the rest of the cry babies who whine about @!#$ty roads. learn how to avoid pot holes and you will be fine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, April 12, 2012 5:43 PM

Friday, April 13, 2012 11:21 AM
Unless you plan of running rear flares I think 1/2 should be the biggest you'd use. Don't want the rear wheels to stick out from under the normal fenders. Unless you wanna go Hella flush with it. I'd assume no since your car is kitted.

I miss my Cavalier, even if it made 100 hp on a cold day and had more suspension then it deserved.
Friday, April 13, 2012 2:32 PM
StatiCav (AznCav) wrote:sorry that looks horrible. this is a public forum and you will get all kinds of opinions. you either take it with a grain of salt or disappear like the rest of the cry babies who whine about @!#$ty roads. learn how to avoid pot holes and you will be fine.

LoL wow your a asshole. lol i dont give a @!#$ what you think, i just dont like your @!#$ attitude. grow up. Mr im cool with my Bense so i can be a prick. LMFAO Fourm Moderators sorry for the language =]

Friday, April 13, 2012 3:03 PM
Lol No ofense :joker:

Friday, April 13, 2012 4:43 PM
ninja bling wrote:
StatiCav (AznCav) wrote:sorry that looks horrible. this is a public forum and you will get all kinds of opinions. you either take it with a grain of salt or disappear like the rest of the cry babies who whine about @!#$ty roads. learn how to avoid pot holes and you will be fine.

LoL wow your a asshole. lol i dont give a @!#$ what you think, i just dont like your @!#$ attitude. grow up. Mr im cool with my Bense so i can be a prick. LMFAO Fourm Moderators sorry for the language =]

idiot , what does me driving a bimmer have to do with my opinion. like i said, learn how to drive around pot holes and other crap in your stock height car.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Friday, April 13, 2012 5:09 PM

Friday, April 13, 2012 7:52 PM
He dose have a point. All BMW owners are total assholes. /sarcasm.

To be fair, driving around pot holes works. I live in a state where the roads are @!#$ because giant machines tear them apart to clear snow. I am also on pro-kit springs the only way you getting much lower is with Coil-overs or bags.

I miss my Cavalier, even if it made 100 hp on a cold day and had more suspension then it deserved.

Friday, April 13, 2012 9:08 PM
Grayscale wrote:He dose have a point. All BMW owners are total assholes. /sarcasm.

To be fair, driving around pot holes works. I live in a state where the roads are @!#$ because giant machines tear them apart to clear snow. I am also on pro-kit springs the only way you getting much lower is with Coil-overs or bags.

but he didn't say bmw he said "bense" lol all i did was give my opinion, which i guess hit the right spot

hard to top black electrical tape eyelids and explosion rear but heres my try.
driven daily at that stance and even had my share of road hazards

and how close my car came to the ground parked at my works truck yard

Saturday, April 14, 2012 6:22 AM
Bottom line if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all. i never once in my life bashed on someones ride. and besides this topic aint about my ride its about the spacer question. as for the electrical tape, yeah that was just my temp idea to see what it would look like before i painted them or added to the hood. peace.

Saturday, April 14, 2012 10:02 AM
no bottom line is you will get both good and bad opinions no matter what. take it as it is.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search