think is it worth fixing? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
think is it worth fixing?
Thursday, April 12, 2012 7:04 PM
I got the car for $1900 as it, as you can see the damage is on the passenger side of the car. I see no frame damage it's just needs some body work and paint.

www.gmofhouston.com

Re: think is it worth fixing?
Thursday, April 12, 2012 10:18 PM
I would say yes because it looks mostly cosmetic, the door apparently works and everything. If you decide to get rid of it though, I'd like to buy those wheels. >_>

Thursday, April 12, 2012 11:49 PM
Grab one of these:

and an air hammer. Go to a local scrap yard and cut the entire 1/4 panel and rocker as an assembley. Learn to stitch weld. Bondo and blend accordingly. Shouldn't be too difficult. And good luck with it, car looks clean.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Friday, April 13, 2012 9:00 AM
^agreed.

You could pull the dent in the quarter if you have some experience with stud welder and puller, but even still the rolled edges around the door jam are gonna be a $&#@! to reshape. I'd vote go to a yard and grab a good quarter. You can also use panel bond adhesive to reattach if you have no access to welding. Same goes for the rocker.

Friday, April 13, 2012 7:25 PM
It's too bad I can't it myself. I have to take it to a body shop to get it done. I got a estimate for one shop said it will probably be over $1000 to fix it.

www.gmofhouston.com
Monday, April 16, 2012 2:43 AM
i can honestly say as a body man i wouldnt wannna touch that.lol thats why its 1000+

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search