To spot prime or prime the whole car?? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
To spot prime or prime the whole car??
Monday, April 16, 2012 1:53 AM
Ok so im having a bit of trouble deciding.....iv finally got my body work done and i got some ppg 2k primer...but my original plan was to spot prime but i have a friend telling me i should prime the whole thing....i just need some opinions...the way i see it is if i prime the whole thing its really just more work i have to do on undamaged areas...but im also afraid that if i spot prime it will show dark and light spots through the silver im going to be spraying.

Re: To spot prime or prime the whole car??
Monday, April 16, 2012 4:28 AM
I would prime the whole thing...or even better use a sealer. Either way, it'll #1, help prevent bleeding through to the color, and #2, promote better adhesion of your basecoat.

Monday, April 16, 2012 4:34 AM
yea iv thought about that...think a qrt would do the whole car? cuz if ima do the whole car im going to focus mainly on my body work and then just put a good but thin coat on the rest

Monday, April 16, 2012 5:27 AM
I cant see a quart making it......maybe 2
Monday, April 16, 2012 5:32 AM
Daniel Cooper wrote:yea iv thought about that...think a qrt would do the whole car? cuz if ima do the whole car im going to focus mainly on my body work and then just put a good but thin coat on the rest

highly doubt it

Monday, April 16, 2012 5:56 AM
ehh ok..guess ill hold up on sprayin for a week or 2 til i can afford the 40 dolllars for the extra qrt.

Monday, April 16, 2012 11:07 AM
When my whole car was painted... the whole car was primered except for a spot about the size of a basketball.

This is the only spots that were not primered on the whole car.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, April 16, 2012 1:14 PM

Monday, April 16, 2012 12:48 PM
I just got done painting mine 2 weeks ago. Only sport primed where I fixed things. Base coat stuck fine in my case.

12.6 @ 114.6 MPH

Monday, April 16, 2012 10:22 PM
i mean i kno spot priming works just fine iv seen it done many times... i guess to each his own

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search