Sunfire spoilerless trunk + 3rd brake light - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Sunfire spoilerless trunk + 3rd brake light
Wednesday, April 18, 2012 8:07 PM
I'm just wondering if there is a way the remove the spoiler on a Sunfire trunk and still have a the 3rd brake light. I was thinking of retro-fitting one from a 4dr, but with the different rake I'm not sure how good it would look. I don't want to hit the brakes and see a red glow in the back half of the car, so it would need it to fit snug against the glass. Did someone else already attempt this or know of one that would fit? I never noticed a 2dr Cavalier without a spoiler from the factory around town but I'm sure I heard of some being that way.

Re: Sunfire spoilerless trunk + 3rd brake light
Friday, April 20, 2012 2:12 AM
is ur car 4dr or 2dr? i drive a 97 sunfire coupe spoilerless from the factory with 3rd brake in the back window...

Friday, April 20, 2012 3:51 PM
It's a 2 dr. Thanks I'll check the junkyards in case they have any. Is there a part number stamped on it?
Friday, April 20, 2012 4:01 PM
my car had a spoiler when i bought it. i took said spoiler off, never put a 3rd brake light in. been thinking about making the "pontiac" logo into a third brake light.

Sunday, April 22, 2012 2:32 PM
Here is my former 2002 Sunfire GT Coupe with the spoiler removed and the OEM 3rd brake light in the rear deck.

You can get the rear deck and the 3rd brake light housing from any 1995-1999 spoiler-less Cavalier Coupe and/or 1995-1996 spoiler-less Sunfire Coupe. All 2000+ spoiler-less Cavalier Coupe rear decks have the child seat hooks in them which I think look kind of goofy,so I personally used a 1995-1999 rear deck without the child seat hooks.

Monday, April 23, 2012 9:51 AM
Ok thanks. I'll just try to find a earlier rear deck. I don't like the child seat hooks either and I'm not going to need them anytime soon.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search