Stupid shopping cart! - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Stupid shopping cart!
Tuesday, May 01, 2012 8:00 AM
Well, after avoiding shopping carts for nearly 9 years, me Cav finally got nailed with one. Not only that, it's the first dent as well.

It's a two denter, maybe about 2-3 inches each. Part that sucks is that it is just above the wheelwell..nearly dead center in the middle.

I've been researching a bit, and was thinking:

Paintless dent removal, since I really do not want a repaint. Or-

Tryng it myself. I've seen the videos on the hair dryer/air can idea, my not sure it would work on a small dent. Not sure about the suction cup puller idea either.

What have you guys done to get them out?

http://www.autotalk.com/pictures/data/1536/medium/2005_Chevrolet_Cavalier_Xtreme_002_autotalk_com_.jpg

Re: Stupid shopping cart!
Tuesday, May 01, 2012 8:29 AM
Pictures of the dent?

Depending on the severity, those suction cup dent removers work really well. And unless you can get behind the dent, might be your only option. If those paintless dent removers are the pick types, you'll need access to the back of the dent. Possibly drilling a hole. If you have access to the back of the dent, like being able to put your hand behind it, I would suggest a dolly and BODY hammer.

But yeah, I would go with the suction cup method first...

2001 Cav Sedan LS - Work In Progress - Sunalier Status
Tuesday, May 01, 2012 8:29 AM
I hit carts out of my way on purpose with my 98z with 191 thousand miles

Tuesday, May 01, 2012 9:58 AM
CrAzY Z24 wrote:I hit carts out of my way on purpose with my 98z with 191 thousand miles

I usually do that too with my winter beaters.
Fun stuff!
Sunday, May 06, 2012 11:56 AM
go to the stores manager, more often than not they'll help you pay or compensate for you having to fix it. I have a friend that got his fixed after getting an estimate..wasnt much anyways, few hundred to repaint.
then again, some stores post signs up in the lots saying 'damage to vehicles by shopping carts are not the stores liability' or some crap.

worth a shot.

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search