Front lighting issues. Please help - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Front lighting issues. Please help
Wednesday, May 09, 2012 4:19 AM
The problem is this. Corrosion from the battery terminal has been i guess falling down onto the wiring for the lights. (I have a z24 2.4L) I changed the battery a couple months ago and that stopped any more corrosion. What happened the first time was it corroded the turn signal lights, I butt spliced them and fixed the issue. Well now the passenger side high beam/daytime running light is out. Also the dirver side headlight went out. I fixed the headlight yesterday (pain in the ass because I'm running out of wire I can work with). But I couldn't find anything with the passenger side light wiring. With limited time I didn't pull it all out.

What would you guys suggest? Can I buy connectors for the healights and kind of re-wire just the lights up front? If so, where and what do I type in to search for them. I've already tried googling multiple terms like lighting connections and I find the most retarded stuff. I'm not replacing the whole harness because I would imagine the cost would be about half of what I paid for the car. Maybe I'm wrong there too.

My idea is to just buy connectors, butt splice the connections, tape em, put new plastic cover on the wires, and more tape. A huge part of my problem has been piss poor wiring from whoever re-built it. And I feel if i Just do it right, that will eliminate my issues. Thanks for any help, you can either reply here or preferably send an email to rms390@psu.edu.

98 Z24

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search