gt bumper cover - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
gt bumper cover
Saturday, May 12, 2012 2:13 PM
I am going to buy a gt bumper cover for my se, do I need the crush gaurd to or are they the same, did I search couldent find a direct answer

Re: gt bumper cover
Saturday, May 12, 2012 2:31 PM
Forgot to mention that my car is a 97 and so is the one the gt. That I'm getting the bumper off of
Saturday, May 12, 2012 3:26 PM
for a 97 gt i dont believe the crush guard is diff.. i put a 00-02 gt on mine and i had to trim mine to fit....the bunper is also longer and sticks out more so the bottom plastic didnt reach either

Saturday, May 12, 2012 4:11 PM
I hope I don't need anything els , its even the same color as my car , I'll just have to try and see if it fits
Saturday, May 12, 2012 4:52 PM
if it doesnt u can trim the plastic with a razor..i mean its basically the same bumper just with round marker lights.....there are 2 plasic peices i had to cut in half so my markers would fit and theyre in roughly the same place..just dont be afraid to make it work.lol but it should fit with no problem...i will say i had to take my 2 front rims off to get a good angle at some of the bolts...

Saturday, May 12, 2012 8:02 PM
I have a 97 se, and the crush guard is different between a SE and a GT. Big difference.

FU Tuning

Saturday, May 12, 2012 8:43 PM
hmm..i assumed they would be about the same since theyre roughly the same shape...guess not..

Sunday, May 13, 2012 12:54 PM
The only differance is where the round singnal lights are on the gt but there's no crush guard there anyway the top of the bumper is the same , I'm gonna but it on in a couple days when I have a day off, I also think I'm gonna but clear lights in the round singnals so it looks like fogs, has anyone done this?
Sunday, May 13, 2012 4:27 PM
Tyler Mclean wrote:I also think I'm gonna but clear lights in the round singnals so it looks like fogs, has anyone done this?

Yep. I did it on my former 2002 Sunfire GT...

Sunday, May 13, 2012 5:18 PM
Is there anway to get them to stay on full brite cause if I put clear bulbs in ther to and get them to stay on brite to make them actual fog lights when my park lights are on
Sunday, May 13, 2012 5:43 PM
Tyler Mclean wrote:Is there anway to get them to stay on full brite cause if I put clear bulbs in ther to and get them to stay on brite to make them actual fog lights when my park lights are on

I have no idea. If you turn them into fog lights though, you won't have front marker lights which won't be legal and/or safe.

Sunday, May 13, 2012 5:53 PM
Tyler Mclean wrote:Is there anway to get them to stay on full brite cause if I put clear bulbs in ther to and get them to stay on brite to make them actual fog lights when my park lights are on

U will prolly just have to wire them in as fogs, instead of trying to use the blinker plug in... and i believe u will still have blinkers on the side of the bumper

Sunday, May 13, 2012 6:26 PM
It would be nice if I could get the fog to flash on and off when I use my blinkers, or mabey some how get anothe bulb in there some how mabey a smaller on like the side marker
Sunday, May 13, 2012 8:19 PM
Tyler Mclean wrote:The only differance is where the round singnal lights are on the gt but there's no crush guard there anyway the top of the bumper is the same , I'm gonna but it on in a couple days when I have a day off, I also think I'm gonna but clear lights in the round singnals so it looks like fogs, has anyone done this?

The SE crush gaurd gets in the way of the GT bumper. I know because I have a GT bumper in my garage. I cut alot of the gaurd, but was still not fitting right. Easier route is to get the correct crush gaurd. Now not sure I will ever mount the kit.

FU Tuning

Monday, May 14, 2012 3:55 PM
I ordered some white led lights for the gt front blinkers to use as fog lights, since the fog will be only on half brightness until I hit the blinker and it flashes, will it stil be bright whe not flashing since leds take less power to run?
Monday, May 14, 2012 5:16 PM
We put a gt front on.n pads are diff when we did cavfire swap. the pad of gt accually says ob the pad GT. ONLY the pad is also marked out on ours for the grille vents.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search