clear turn signal lights - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
clear turn signal lights
Wednesday, June 27, 2012 7:57 PM
Where can i buy clear turn signal lights for a 97 sunfire gt? Can you have clear in the back side of the bumper or can they be only in the front?

Re: clear turn signal lights
Saturday, June 30, 2012 3:46 PM
I'm assuming you are looking for clear side marker lights (rectangular lights found on the sides of the front and rear bumper covers) because your 1997 Sunfire GT should already have clear marker lights on the front of the car (round lights in the outer corners of the front end)?

eBay is the place to get clear side marker lights. You can have clear side marker lights on the front and/or rear. What matters is the color of the bulb, not whether the light housing itself is clear or not. The light by law should be amber/orange in the front and red in the rear. FYI those lights listed on eBay will fit on the front and/or rear sides of your 1997 Sunfire GT.

Saturday, June 30, 2012 4:34 PM
I well it all depend where you live and laws, cuz I have blue led bulbs on my 4 corners in front on my 98 cavalier, I think its ok
As long you don't mix them like red and blue on the front, you know wat I mean,
But just to make sure check your State law
Saturday, June 30, 2012 4:54 PM
Ricky martinez wrote:I well it all depend where you live and laws, cuz I have blue led bulbs on my 4 corners in front on my 98 cavalier, I think its ok
As long you don't mix them like red and blue on the front, you know wat I mean,
But just to make sure check your State law

As do I! I switched to those as soon as I got my car ten years ago and have always taken my car to the same place when I needed an inspection and/or oil change. However in March, they came up to me and told me they wouldn't pass my car due to the blue bulbs; they must reflect orange and not look similar to emergency vehicles. They proceeded to inform me that they have always let it pass when I threw a fit due being a loyal customer thanks to my parents' business at the time. They let it pass for 10 years!

I had to tell them I had the stock ones at home in order for them to stop putting new ones in for my car to pass. Apparently DPS is coming down strict now on those lights so the advice they gave me: Next year change them out before I go to get it inspected.

Evo-TimeCustoms.com
Monday, July 02, 2012 10:00 PM
When you buy the clear turn signals do they come with light bulbs?
Wednesday, July 04, 2012 5:01 PM
Adam wrote:When you buy the clear turn signals do they come with light bulbs?

Yes. They come with amber/orange 194 bulbs. I think they are also available with red 194 bulbs too. If not, you could probably request some.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search