03+ Cav rear bumper w/o Chevy logo? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
03+ Cav rear bumper w/o Chevy logo?
Sunday, July 22, 2012 3:19 PM
Does anyone know if its possible to buy one of the '03-05 Cavalier stock rear bumpers without the word "CHEVROLET" etched into the bumper? Or is this just something that you would have to get filled in, sanded down, etc. at a body shop if you wanted it removed?

I'm going to be switching to the '03-05 rear soon, but I really want the rear to have a clean look. I know "CHEVROLET" doesn't stick out like a sore thumb, but it still bugs me that the bumper isn't just nice & smooth.

Re: 03+ Cav rear bumper w/o Chevy logo?
Sunday, July 22, 2012 3:34 PM
Fill it with 2 part bumper repair and repaint it. Thats what im doing
Sunday, July 22, 2012 3:46 PM
Damn I forgot my rear even said chevy.

And what he said. ^^

Sunday, July 22, 2012 4:58 PM
Thanks for the info. You can get this stuff at regular auto stores like Autozone, Advance Auto, etc.?

A body shop would probably charge a good bit to have this done?
Sunday, July 22, 2012 5:44 PM
From this

To this

Body shops can order it both ways, It can come in either GM OEM which will say chevrolet (body shop ordered that one the first time) and they can also order it in OEM NON-GM which means since GM didnt make it that the trademark cannot be put on it so its smooth and shaved

Sunday, July 22, 2012 10:45 PM
That's the exact rear bumper that I want to convert to.....'03-05 stock rear without Chevrolet logo + extreme tuner lip.....I'll have the '95-02 trunk though. The lip is on its way to me right now......just need the bumper. So the OEM non-GM bumper can be ordered directly from GM? I would much rather buy the bumper without the writing on it so there would be no worry about the epoxy ever coming undone if I modified the bumper with the writing.

The OEM non-GM bumper still has OEM fitment quality? I suppose I would never find one of these used......do you happen to have the part number?

I found a couple seller's on eBay who are selling "oem replacements" without the Chevy writing for around $200......not sure if those would have crappy fitment though. I especially want the extreme tuner lip to fit properly.
Monday, July 23, 2012 5:18 AM
Well I guess you learn something new everyday.....cool.
Monday, July 23, 2012 5:45 AM
Mine was ordered by the body shop. They ordered the GM one first which said chevrolet. I didnt want that one so they sent it back and went with a supplier that replicated it but was not GM so it could not say Chevrolet because of the trademark. Mine fits just like stock. Cant even tell its aftermarket.

I doubt GM would have the part number since its a non GM part.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 5:57 AM
Ok thanks. I think I'll try the eBay route & see what quality those bumpers are.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search