Open a Cavalier/Sunfire door with a flathead screwdriver - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Open a Cavalier/Sunfire door with a flathead screwdriver
Friday, July 06, 2012 9:55 AM
Hi all,

Is there any way to prevent or safeguard these cars against illegal forced entry ? Both the drivers and passengers doors have been forced open using a flathead screwdriver. To put it not so nicely, some f**king a-hole has forced open my car doors and violated my car, taking my sunglasses and a brand new transmission filter that was in my trunk.

Both the drivers and passengers keyhole have been forced and are now raised higher than how they're supposed to be.

Is there a way to prevent a-holes from doing this?

has this happened to anyone?

2002 Cavalier

Re: Open a Cavalier/Sunfire door with a flathead screwdriver
Friday, July 06, 2012 12:36 PM
Have you tried yelling at it?

Friday, July 06, 2012 2:27 PM
Leave the doors unlocked? That's about the only way to stop "forced" entry.

Anyone who wants to get in, will get in. They'll smash a window, pull the whole door frame open if they really want to. Locks only keep the mostly-honest people honest.
Friday, July 06, 2012 2:38 PM
12 gauge shotgun with your choice of loads.

Error: Sig not found.

Friday, July 06, 2012 6:40 PM
The only thing i could suggest is a car alarm and keep your car near you not on the street and on a very sensitive setting .. to be completely honest tho if someone wants to get in your car it really comes down to how bad they want to ...example would be jessicas case or my buddys case were a brick so happened to be in his front seat of his car in the morning ...anyways best place for your car if you could would be a garage to be honest....thats what i do.... and to get your car fixed maybe some new doors with no rust from the scrap yard with same color if possible
Friday, July 06, 2012 6:50 PM
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:12 gauge shotgun with your choice of loads.

I'm thinking SSG or some slugs would be the perfect theft deterrent.

Friday, July 06, 2012 7:12 PM
Or if you don't mind being pullover put dark tint 0% on your windows and cover your front windshield with a shade. That's wat I do
Monday, July 09, 2012 9:03 PM
Sadly, there isn't a quick and effective way to prevent forced entry.

If you shave the locks, the thief can just use the screwdriver to break the glass....

The best thing is to keep valuables out of sight and try not to do anything to draw attention.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 12:22 PM
My car got broken into a couple weeks ago. It was locked, but they were nice enough not to punch my locks or break a window. Must have jimmied it. Either way, locks will only keep out honest people. I have since set up a webcam and park with my windows open just to tempt, because there is no stereo to steal anymore. And anything else, well, they can have my old mcdonalds bag

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 12:31 PM
My buddy used to leave empty "spent" shells in his change holder when we were in college, and he put an NRA sticker on his side window. Strangely his car was never broken into again.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Saturday, July 14, 2012 2:28 PM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:My buddy used to leave empty "spent" shells in his change holder when we were in college, and he put an NRA sticker on his side window. Strangely his car was never broken into again.

I like this one get pulled over cop will have fun with you tho I think hahahaha

Monday, July 16, 2012 10:01 AM
Its this exact same scenario that lead to the can of worms that is my car today.

I came out to find my door lock and all pried open, so I figured the easiest way to prevent that from happening was to shave the handles, and while I was at it, might as well kit up the car and change the color. Hasn't been touched since, and that was oh say 9 years ago.. kinda sad now that I think about it.

So thanks random a-hole for being my private kickstarter

-- John

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 5:16 AM
John glad to see you still around.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Sunday, July 29, 2012 7:31 PM
I'd say shaved doors and bulletproof glass lol. It's not indestructible but it'd be damn hard to break the glass.

Friday, August 03, 2012 1:42 PM
Park in a garage, that's what I do.

Supercharged 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search