HID low beam only kit without disabling DRL? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HID low beam only kit without disabling DRL?
Friday, August 03, 2012 12:52 PM
I had bought a low beam only HID conversion kit in hopes that I wouldn't have to mess with the DRL disable mod. However upon hooking them up the bulbs don't ignite and inside the car on the gauge cluster the high beam light is on even with the headlights on low or off. I didn't think the system would be quite as smart as it is. I know I could run a custom switch to the inside of the car to toggle them on and off if I have to, I just really don't want to mess with removing the dash board. Is there any way with the factory wiring to have the HID's ignite with low beam only? My other though is that perhaps the HID kit's wiring harness plugs into the high beam plug on the car's bulb harness which would obviously cause an issue but I wanted to ask some j-body fans first.

This is much different than my other cars I converted which didn't have DRL's including a 97 civic a 2000 neon, and a 93 Tempo.

Re: HID low beam only kit without disabling DRL?
Friday, August 03, 2012 1:12 PM
The car is a 97 Sunfire SE. Forgot to mention that.
Re: HID low beam only kit without disabling DRL?
Friday, August 03, 2012 10:04 PM
You will need to disable the drls. There isn't enough output from the del to ignite the hids. This will prevent the current draw that happens when the lights are on so the car thinks the bulbs are bad and turns the light on the dash on.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search