Rear 1/4 rust - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Rear 1/4 rust
Thursday, August 16, 2012 6:38 PM

My can including several others i have seen has become pretty rusted through just in front of the rear tire. I'm sure its not worth it to fix but i was wondering why are so many like this? I live in colorado and rust isn't very common on any vehicle. my firebird has gone through more then 10 winters and has 0 rust. I'm just curious is all

96 firebird Lt1 swap, H/C/I, full bolt ons, 6 speed conversion. under construction.
01 cavalier 2.2 clear coat peel, 2 very large dents, rusty rocker panel. etc.

Re: Rear 1/4 rust
Monday, August 20, 2012 9:16 PM
its because there is a void there that the slop gets into. a set of 03-05 rear splash shields and regular washing is a good idea after you fix it.

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.
Monday, August 20, 2012 10:07 PM
It's pretty nasty Idk f I'd be capable of fixing it. It's the one thing keeping me reluctant to make this car nice.

96 firebird Lt1 swap, H/C/I, full bolt ons, 6 speed conversion. under construction.
01 cavalier 2.2 clear coat peel, 2 very large dents, rusty rocker panel. etc.

Thursday, August 23, 2012 8:38 PM
It is a common problem. They sell aftermarket rockers for our cars. Basically cut out the rocker & weld a new one in. Sand, prep, paint.

Supercharged 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search