03-05 base bumper on a LS Sport? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
03-05 base bumper on a LS Sport?
Tuesday, August 14, 2012 6:55 AM
Some dumbass backed into my LS Sport in a parking lot and drove off. They broke almost all of the mounting tabs off my bumper in the process. I found a couple LS Sport bumpers brand new for around $300 shipped. That leaves me with $200-300 to get it painted. I see TONS of LS / Base bumpers for like $50-80 shipped. I noticed the LS / Base bumper hangs down almost as low as the LS Sport one does. I also saw a couple pics on here with people with side skirts with the base bumpers. Which looked pretty good actually. Do you think it would look bad with a base front, LS Sport side skirts, and LS Sport rear? I'm leaning towards no, but my wallet is leaning towards yes haha.

Re: 03-05 base bumper on a LS Sport?
Tuesday, August 14, 2012 7:49 AM
From what I heard, they are both about as Low, the LSS just flares out. If you like the look of it go for it. Could always get a lip on it eventually. Personally like the LSS way more than base... But if you like it then go for it. Will still look nice... Just won't look LSS ish from the front.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 2:58 PM
I have been contemplating switching to the base front bumper on my ls sport. It has a cleaner look, but it's not as aggressive is the only downside. Fog lights could easily be retrofitted, so that's not much of an issue. The base bumpers hang just as low as the LS Sport bumpers.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 6:53 PM
This is the closest image I have found to what it would look like. Except the side skirts are from a 99 sunfire gt. Looks pretty sharp in my opinion. I'm just worried the rear bumper will look weird.

Thursday, August 16, 2012 10:38 AM
that dont look bad at all. i coulda kept my base bumpers and just added skirts.

ShowOff Customz
03 Cavalier
73 Beetle
68 Fairlane 500

Thursday, August 16, 2012 9:37 PM
Yeah I think I might just be repairing my bumper found a place that would fix my bumper and touch up all the random spots around my car for $400. Not too bad.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search