Rattle can crazy...... - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Rattle can crazy......
Thursday, August 16, 2012 3:56 AM
So as most of you know iv been working towards painting my car, unfortunately i was involved in a accident the pretty muck F**cked my passenger door and the framing under it but it's not worth fixing so i stuck another door on it and im still Rollin.....here lately iv lost interest in doing anything to the car...until yesterday when i put my evil eye hood back on.....and seen how awesome my car looks... So here's my idea. Since the car is still my dd and covered in rattle can primer spots anyway and other than the new door and accident area the body of the car is dent free....my idea is to just go insane and rattle can paint it... My original paint scheme was guna be silver all over with the black roof,deck lid and some black on the hood...and possible painted lss rims (note that my car already has evil eyes and a 00-02 gt front.....well since im rattle canning it just to get it a solid color here are the choices....

Im keeping my black design as described with all choices of color
Silver with black and black rims

White with black and black rims (storm trooped)

and just for the hell of it since my new door is blue..
Blue with black with bronze rims

Im up for any of these so just tell me which 1 u think would look awesome and i may just take a vote.lol

Re: Rattle can crazy......
Thursday, August 16, 2012 4:00 AM
Btw not really concerned on how long it lasts since I do have another dd waiting...just waiting on the bonded title..also may be buying a newer car here soon anyway......

Thursday, August 16, 2012 5:50 AM
so what are your plans for this car after you get the new DD? Scrap it? Mod it?

That's the key to what you do with it

Thursday, August 16, 2012 6:54 AM
Honestly....sell it for cheap... For someone that walks everywhere a good running cheap car is a blessing and they usually could care less how it looks..

Thursday, August 16, 2012 7:57 AM
Storm trooper mod FTMFW

Modding my j since I found the org
Thursday, August 16, 2012 8:04 AM
Just remember that 99% of the time it's going to come out looking like crap. However, if it's not a big concern go for it.

That being said, if it were my car I would go with a nice dark silver with the black roof/hood/trunk, and base the color of the LS rims around that.

silver similar to this color

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2528190/1996-pontiac-sunfire

and do the rims black face with a silver body matched lip.

$0.02

Friday, August 24, 2012 2:31 PM
wow thats nice

Monday, August 27, 2012 8:19 PM
Well I dont expect it to come out looking like a great paint job...mainly just want some color other than white and primer. But I am pretty decent with a spray can...so it's not guna be terrible I mean I just dont want all my prep work I worked so hard to get just right to go to waste.....and im sure your thinking "if you can paint cars why not get some single stage and go to work?" well I figure its guna take about 1 can per panel and the paint is about 4 bucks a can I can prolly do both front fenders with 1 can then 1 can for hood and bumper (since alot of hood will be black) and I can prolly get 3 maybe 4 cans of black and do everything I need in black and then 5 more cans of the other color of choice. So if u have been keeping track that's 11 cans just make it 12 for misc parts and 4x12 is $48.... It would almost cost me that to buy activator and reducer for the paint....that isn't even factored in...

Monday, August 27, 2012 11:02 PM
J03Y wrote:

and do the rims black face with a silver body matched lip.

I may do that but ill prolly just leave the current gunmetal color and black face...my ls rims are kinda beat up anyway so it's a perfect project rim

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search