Sunfire/Cavalier interchanging parts? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Sunfire/Cavalier interchanging parts?
Thursday, August 30, 2012 7:23 AM
I have an 02 sunfire 2dr. Can i change out the rear quarterpanels, bumper, and trunk hatch with a cavalier set? If its do-able, are there any modifications required? I just like the back of a cavalier way more than that of a sunfire. any input is appreciated thanks
-Eric

Re: Sunfire/Cavalier interchanging parts?
Thursday, August 30, 2012 11:14 AM
no, no and no

Thursday, August 30, 2012 12:28 PM
ok...? I am aware that some parts bolt straight on.
Thursday, August 30, 2012 12:39 PM
Correct, but none of the parts you listed. For starters quarterpanels are welded in place. Second look at the trunk and rear bumper of these 2 cars and it's quite obvious they won't swap.

You can however swap your rear end to the 03-05 style sunfire rear

You can also swap your entire front end to any style cav from 95-05 or even to the 03-05 sunfire.

But your rear is limited in choice.

Thursday, August 30, 2012 12:46 PM
The cavalier you pictured is 4 dr though. could i just weld the cavalier quaterpanels onto the sunfire? If the whole rear is swapped, then i dont see the problem.
Thursday, August 30, 2012 12:54 PM
ERIC FOOTE wrote:The cavalier you pictured is 4 dr though. could i just weld the cavalier quaterpanels onto the sunfire? If the whole rear is swapped, then i dont see the problem.

2 door and 4 door cav's still share the same bumper and trunk. Could you weld in the quarter's? You could but what's the point. Remember that these cars are unibody frames an in order to do it correct the cost would probably exceed the value of the car itself. If you want a cavalier rear end so bad, you're better off buying a cav. If you like the cav rear and sunfire front, buy a cav and swap the sunfire front onto it.

Thursday, August 30, 2012 12:57 PM
I guess that probably makes a bit more sense. To do that its just fenders, bumper, hood, and lights right?
Thursday, August 30, 2012 12:59 PM
for the most part. Take a read here, this is your one stop shop for all things front end swaps

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=7&i=315239&t=315239

Every detail for every possible swap is right there

Thursday, August 30, 2012 1:01 PM
sweet thanks
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search