body kits - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
body kits
Saturday, September 08, 2012 7:49 AM
is it worht buying body kits and neon lights . and a wing for my car . i think they would look alot better but i dont know if they wouod be that hard to put on and are they worth the price

Re: body kits
Saturday, September 08, 2012 8:10 AM
No.

Saturday, September 08, 2012 10:27 AM
no what ???
Saturday, September 08, 2012 11:32 AM
You asked if it was worth it. He answered no. I agree 10000% with his answer. Most body kits and pretty much all neon lights look like @!#$ on cars.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Sunday, September 09, 2012 12:56 PM
Its worth it if that's what you like. I did mine and I love it.

Sunday, September 09, 2012 2:50 PM
I did all three when I was in high school. Then I moved on to my Wrangler and now my Cav is a glorified beater...

Is it worth it? Yes but you'll get tired of the body kit and neon. That is, once you figure out you never use the neon and the body kit takes a lot of abuse, especially if it's your daily.

Sunday, September 09, 2012 4:39 PM
I agree with everyone else. I never had a body kit, but I did have alot of neons (in 2003ish). They were great for car shows/cruise nights, but other then that, they were pretty much useless. I got tired of them and removed and sold them after a couple years. I have never been a fan of body kits. I prefer a subtle, stock look myself (nice wheels, lowered a little, tinted windows, nothing major). Doesn't cost as much and you're not going to have to worry about your bumpers getting cracked or something. Just my $0.02.

Saturday, September 15, 2012 7:22 AM
i want them cuz my car was crashed at one time and i rebuilt the front but the fenders are messed up on both sides and i dont like the look of the back and i dont think it would look right to just get the back body mod and nothing else their only 400 bucks but i dont know i think i should get new rims and tired befor anythign else
Saturday, September 22, 2012 7:30 PM
you're the one who has to determine if it's worth it to YOU. everyone else can say their own opinion, but it's not their car, it's yours. i put a body kit, carbon fiber hood, rims, neons, stereo, etc into my sunfire, and it was worth it to me. it was a complete waste of money, but there's worth other than monitary value. it was a learning experience, it was fun, it helped me make a lot of friends, it even got me laid a few times... and i wouldn't pass up those memories for anything.

one thing i noticed is that the economy had a huge effect on car modding. less and less people got expensive body kits, and just debadged their cars for the "clean" look. you do have to weigh the monitary factor too, if you have the money and think it's something you want to experience, then i say yes, it's worth it.

that's just me though.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 6:23 AM
Cruisin4DrCav wrote:I did all three when I was in high school. Then I moved on to my Wrangler and now my Cav is a glorified beater...

Is it worth it? Yes but you'll get tired of the body kit and neon. That is, once you figure out you never use the neon and the body kit takes a lot of abuse, especially if it's your daily.

Hey if your cavy is a glorified beater now you wanna sell me your sub box? Lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search