help finding a thread about deleting trunk torsion bar? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
help finding a thread about deleting trunk torsion bar?
Thursday, November 29, 2012 9:17 PM
i saw a thread i think it was on here a while ago and it was about how to remove the torsion bar to open the trunk and replace it with some type of electrical actuator. i used the seard but couldnt find it. also, what do you guy think is the best design to do the flip flop trunk?

Re: help finding a thread about deleting trunk torsion bar?
Friday, November 30, 2012 7:00 AM
what are you asking? how to remove the torsion bars themselves or put in an actuator?
if the third gens are like the second gens you just have to basically pry on them. I took mine off my 90 about 2 months ago and it can kinda be scary when you remove them things lol. get a nice lil pry bar or large flat head and pry up on them to get them off their "notch"
do yourself a favor tho and wear a pair of goggles and look away cuz those things come off with some brutal tension

as far as teh actuator goes...cant really tell you how to do that cuz its a fab thing you gotta do adn figure out on your own. wouldnt be nothing hard tho besides a simple mount maybe on the underside of the speaker tray and a tab welded/bolted on one or both of the trunk hinges
Friday, November 30, 2012 8:15 AM
both i saw a nice build thread on how to remove them and replace them with an actuator, it was a nice clean design if anyone could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated
Friday, November 30, 2012 8:26 AM
ok after alot of google searching i found it, i origonally saw it on a different site but its the same writeup
http://www.clubcav.com/showthread.php?t=13211
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search