Evil eye hood ( round or flat ) - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Evil eye hood ( round or flat )
Sunday, December 23, 2012 12:53 PM
Hello i'd like to do the evil eye hood mod but i'm wondering if my metal panel should be flat then bondo it or should i bend my metal panel to match exactly the hood curve before i weld it? Thanks.

www.funnybikeshow.com

Re: Evil eye hood ( round or flat )
Sunday, December 23, 2012 2:45 PM
it should mathe the bend of the hood. just start ont he inside and tac as you go.
Saturday, January 12, 2013 10:00 PM
curve it. my hood was not curved enough and now you have to shut it harder to get it to latch, and over time my headlight rubbed on my eyelids in the front through my paint and my headlight has rust stains in that spot.
Friday, January 18, 2013 7:21 AM
andrew just adjust the light down.

Pat, just cut out the shape of the evil eye and then hold it up to the hood and match the curve, just tac it in place a little as you go, dont weld to much at a time so it wont warp the hood. that way you wont have much filler

Monday, January 21, 2013 8:33 PM
How did you get your turn signals black colored?

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 6:25 AM
Adam wrote:How did you get your turn signals black colored?

probably night shades

Thursday, January 24, 2013 11:45 PM
Same spray can you use for tail lights. also do the same steps?

Friday, January 25, 2013 1:29 AM
Definatly curved...if u try and load up too much filler on that panel u run the risk of it cracking when u shut your hood. Plus like Andrew said you won't have clearance from the headlight if u go flat.....also be sure to prime or seal the bare metal before Appling filler....i had rust forming under the filler on mine and had to redo the body work.lol

Friday, January 25, 2013 4:41 PM
tx

www.funnybikeshow.com
Sunday, February 03, 2013 2:05 PM
As stated, flat would probably rub the lights. Besides, the less filler, the better. Make sure it is sealed up on the bottom of the hood. Body filler is like a sponge; it swells and holds water.

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 10:10 AM
Is their anyway I can adjust my headlight so my evil eye dosnt rub on them without throwing my headlight alignment off?

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 11:09 AM
Anyone ever do a streetfighter rk hood? i wanted to do this however its a fiberglass hood

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 8:40 PM
I'm sure this would be quite simple to do. Probably easier than welding a metal hood lol
Wednesday, March 20, 2013 8:24 PM
kinda makes me wana ditch my 02 LSS front end or buy a 95-99 cavy and swap it (hate sunfire back ends but LOVE the evil eye look especial yours Snowman you got like a culmination of my favorite types of cars all in one, your car reminds me of 85-90 camaro (par of your bumper) the headlights make me think of 98+ camaros, and it has the body of basicaly a third gen cav!

John Lenko wrote: It is bad. Stop. Now. Bad. Bad bad. Bad bad bad.

...j

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search