HID Questions - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HID Questions
Sunday, November 25, 2012 8:52 AM
So I'm gonna be getting projector headlamps with halos for Christmas from some awesome people, and I'm gonna get an HID kit for them. Anyone know of a quality product that isn't gonna rape my wallet? And since I'm using 95-99 headlamps with separate bulbs, do I need four ballasts? And would 35w low-beam, 55w high-beam work? I'm looking at 8000k bulbs and will be disabling my DRLs.

Re: HID Questions
Sunday, November 25, 2012 9:20 AM
Take a look at my build thread in P&M

They are a better projector then the ebay lights and will work with you 02 lights...

That being said id keep with a 35w since most ebay light projectors are actually halogen projectors and dont really take the heat.

That being said you will need 4 ballasts.

Also anything abouve 4300k and your losing light output. 5000k is as high as id go to get the nice bright white light.
Sunday, November 25, 2012 9:25 AM
Lol he only needs one H1 kit for the lows in the one piece projectors. 55w is not necessary and yes, 5000k is as high as I would go for visibility.

You'll never use your high beams and there is no need to disable your drl's

Sunday, November 25, 2012 10:51 AM
If you only want to use the low beam or high beam then yes one set.
Monday, November 26, 2012 12:29 AM
Little confusion here lol. I'm getting a pair of Spyder projectors which look to be one of the best you can get for a J. And the car receiving the HIDs is a 98, not an 02. Sorry if my sig confused you lol. And regardless of whether or not I get a set for the highs, I'm going to be disabling the DRLs because I hate them lol.

And I'm now looking at going 10k because I really like the color. I'm not worried about light output loss because these are going to be far brighter than my stock halogen bulbs (which are aimed poorly because the ancient adjustment screws on my headlamp housings broke).

Monday, November 26, 2012 4:17 AM
Actually 10000k is not going to be nearly as bright as any halogen. 6000k is equal to stock halogens. Post up a link to your headlights and we can tell you which bulb size you need

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 9:45 PM
Cruisin4DrCav wrote:Actually 10000k is not going to be nearly as bright as any halogen. 6000k is equal to stock halogens. Post up a link to your headlights and we can tell you which bulb size you need

I've asked two people who use 10k
bulbs in their HIDs and they said they're much brighter than the halogens were.

Here are the headlamps.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004W4OC7W

9006 for lows and 9005 for highs I believe. Bulb 881 for the fog lights, but I'm gonna stay halogen with those I think.

Thursday, November 29, 2012 4:40 AM
They my say they are brighter.....but they will have less useable light, and the color rendition will suck.

Go with 5000 or if you need to have a hint of ricer blue get 6000k.

10,000k is just ridiculous. Its very close to ultraviolet light which the human eye cannot even see.
Thursday, November 29, 2012 9:51 AM
Kody LaGreca wrote:
Cruisin4DrCav wrote:Actually 10000k is not going to be nearly as bright as any halogen. 6000k is equal to stock halogens. Post up a link to your headlights and we can tell you which bulb size you need

Here are the headlamps.

9006 for lows and 9005 for highs I believe. Bulb 881 for the fog lights, but I'm gonna stay halogen with those I think.

Both of those people are idiots and have no understanding of lighting in general. Theyy probably think 5000k halogens are bright too lol

I know the low beams for those are H1 so please search a little more

Monday, December 03, 2012 7:31 PM
Not to steal the thread but how do u get the housing off the bracket.... does it just pull off the adjustment screws...
Sunday, January 13, 2013 8:14 PM
Cruisin4DrCav wrote:
Kody LaGreca wrote:

Here are the headlamps.

Both of those people are idiots and have no understanding of lighting in general. Theyy probably think 5000k halogens are bright too lol

I know the low beams for those are H1 so please search a little more

I've seen them in person and they are bright as hell.

Saturday, January 19, 2013 10:05 AM
No use in arguing with a wall, do what you want since you know so much more than someone with actual experience and research. Those 10000k bulbs are probably in stock housings so you're impressed by glare.

The headlight brackets do not come off with the adjustment screws, you should see the bolts that hold it on.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search