Nifty lip idea for those running base model cavy bumpers - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Nifty lip idea for those running base model cavy bumpers
Sunday, March 17, 2013 9:31 AM
Well recently I ha an accident and my z24 front bumper got ruin...except for the little lip along the bottom. So to save costs I threw on a base model bumper and actually loved it, don't know what it was but it flowed. Anywho I was looking at it and realized it just didn't fit the rest of the car with the ground effects. So I thought that if I cut the "lip" off the z24 bumper and mount it on the base it would look awesome. Well my results turned out great and I love the look. And I have nothing in it while it last longer than a Home Depot lip. Here so pictures!

This is recently painted. It takes a beating that's for sure!

Re: Nifty lip idea for those running base model cavy bumpers
Sunday, March 17, 2013 11:57 AM
mmmm.....no
Sunday, March 17, 2013 12:28 PM
Lol I like it
Wednesday, March 20, 2013 7:56 PM
that z looks like its been threw hell, FIX IT ALREADY!

John Lenko wrote: It is bad. Stop. Now. Bad. Bad bad. Bad bad bad.

...j

Thursday, March 21, 2013 12:40 AM
Money money money...all I'm waiting on. It's actually a cavfire. But it'll be looking better. Before I got rid of it the first time it looked awesome. Then I got it back 9 months later trashed
Thursday, March 21, 2013 12:45 AM
Here's what it used to be:

Thursday, March 21, 2013 4:27 AM
Props on thinking outside the box but get a Z bumper back on that thing. Looks like it needs a new fender should be able to find both at a junkyard.
Thursday, March 21, 2013 3:22 PM
Ohhhh yaaaaa. I remember this car. Looked pretty decent the one time I saw it at Meijer.

Thursday, March 21, 2013 10:13 PM
that car looks like it had a drunken brawl at a bar, and lost bad...then it came home only to be beaten by its drunk stepfather!

nah its not horrific, but it looks slapped together. i like the way it looked before though...SS hood always looks nice
x2 on just getting another z bumper at a jy..gotta be fairly common

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Friday, March 22, 2013 7:48 AM
The issue I see is the lip does not sit flush with the base bumper.
In future attempts, maybe cut some extra material with the lip around the front and trim it to fit the contours of the base bumper.

Building it one piece at a time
Friday, March 22, 2013 9:32 AM
Drop the tools and step away from the car......

Your car looked sick before. I say clean it up and maybe it will look better.

"Remember do what you like because you have to drive it."--Me

Friday, March 22, 2013 5:23 PM
Lol I'm in the rebuilding process. I should put together a timeline of how the car came to be. I'm planning on doing a 00-02 z conversion on the front
First bought:

Before I got rid of it for a camaro:

Bought it for $450 after I found it on cl 9 months later and only 3000 miles later:

Somebody timed it wrong in attempts to do a water pump:

Then the guard rail happened:

Rebuild:

Put together. Has the base bumper laying around and just used it for cost efficiency:

And this is now, with my brothers cav:

So I recently painted the rim and plan on getting a fender and sideskirt. Been getting her a new exhaust, ho intake mani, and secret cam swap. So I haven't been neglecting my j body. I love them and this one especially. Give me a chance lol. You'll see I'll make her nice again
Sunday, March 24, 2013 2:59 PM
blu04DD wrote:that car looks like it had a drunken brawl at a bar, and lost bad...then it came home only to be beaten by its drunk stepfather!

nah its not horrific, but it looks slapped together. i like the way it looked before though...SS hood always looks nice
x2 on just getting another z bumper at a jy..gotta be fairly common

agereed 100% and trust me i understand completly, i have a 1985 IROC z that i sold to get my 2000 z24, found it dead on route 30 blown up and trashed 2 months later, got it back for $400 and am STILL trying to get it together, its coming along nicely tho

and your car looked sick, and from the time line its slowly getting there again, keep up the work

btw i cant believe u fixed it after the wreck, iv fixed some bad wrecks myself but yours looks horrid, cant believe it didnt bend the frame, u got so lucky

John Lenko wrote: It is bad. Stop. Now. Bad. Bad bad. Bad bad bad.

...j

Thursday, March 28, 2013 11:37 AM
Dude it seriously ran along the frame rail. Like the computer got taken clean off and it broke the rivets flush with the frame. It broke the ground wire and power wire for the ecu and destroyed the computer. Other than that is was only a new headlight, k-member, strut, axle, caliper(because the bleeder was seized) windshield and voila it was on the road again. I had a little less than $500 to fix it. I'm getting srt-4 wheels for it today and I'm pumped. When it warms up I'm painting it red I'm just gonna update this as my "build thread"
Friday, March 29, 2013 5:44 AM
Got my srt-4 neon wheels yesterday nice fitment

And it's extremely dirty
Friday, March 29, 2013 6:23 AM
Don't let this car die.. It deserves to be brought back to it's former glory it's looked nice and clean and I'm not even a big fan of the SS hood but it pulled it off. Keep us updated on progress.

Not digging the wheel color though just my opinion though.
Friday, March 29, 2013 9:37 PM
RED wrote:Don't let this car die.. It deserves to be brought back to it's former glory it's looked nice and clean and I'm not even a big fan of the SS hood but it pulled it off. Keep us updated on progress.

Not digging the wheel color though just my opinion though.

Yeah wheels got painted today, yesterday i just got them and brought them home and threw them on. but i got me a fender and sideskirt today!!!!!!
Also the car will not die! Hence why im trying to fix it again, you'll see major progress now especially since its getting warmer out
Friday, March 29, 2013 9:45 PM
My front mount came in today!

Decided to mount it for fun:

Saturday, March 30, 2013 2:42 PM
Well lets know what you guys think, it looks a little better and I like the color combination:

Sunday, March 31, 2013 10:58 AM
Z24Sunfire wrote:I'm getting srt-4 wheels for it today and I'm pumped. When it warms up I'm painting it red

I only skimmed this and saw "I'm getting srt-4 wheels and painting them red".. Scared me for a minute. Lmao.

Sunday, March 31, 2013 2:37 PM
They are red lol

Monday, April 01, 2013 2:33 PM
Pics are blocked at work.. And when I get home I forget haha.
I'll have to look at that.

Monday, April 08, 2013 10:20 PM
Update! MSD ignition came in:

Finally started installing it, pretty soldering job:

Progress pic:

The old cruise control mounting studs worked great!

Runs much better and it's not running as rich it seems. I'm satisfied
Monday, April 08, 2013 10:53 PM
I kinda dig the red SRT4 rims.

Building it one piece at a time
Tuesday, April 09, 2013 5:25 AM
They really set the car off. I really need to move this to the photo and media forum with other build threads lol
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search