Upgraded side view mirrors? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Upgraded side view mirrors?
Monday, April 29, 2013 11:34 PM
So I didn't see a lot of threads since 2009 that were mentioning upgrade mirrors, just the swapping of different years.
I want to change the look of them and be a little subtle, nothing fancy.
I keep seeing these styles on eBay. I like them black but might get them painted to match the car.
I don't really like the LED part, I think fancy things on cavaliers is trying too hard lol. Our cars are better kept simple, goes a lot further.
But the design of these and the hole at the base gives it a nice sporty look. thoughts? I could just bolt them in without wiring them up and they should keep the all black look maybe.
has anyone upgraded theirs, got pics?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/9504-CHEVY-CAVALIER-2DR-COUPE-AMBERBLUE-LED-SIGNAL-SMOKED-SIDE-MIRRORBRACKET-/350780652831

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, April 29, 2013 11:35 PM

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.

Re: Upgraded side view mirrors?
Tuesday, April 30, 2013 12:25 AM
I did ones similar to those that I also got of ebay. After a little while I didn't really like the view in the mirrors, plus they sat at an upward angle.

"United by Individuality"
"If life is a joke, why aren't we laughing?"
"Normality depends on one's perception of reality."
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3820803
Tuesday, April 30, 2013 12:08 PM
yeah i see what you mean by the angle they're sitting, pointing upwards. I think these are more level.
I dont like that look either (like the car though!).

Its hard to tell because the mirror mount area actually angles up itself. so the mirrors would need to actually point downward a little to level out.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 2:25 PM
The listing I got them from said they were for a 2dr, and I'm suspecting I got the 4dr ones or they didn't set the mounts right. I have two pairs of mirrors and both sit the same, two different styles.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 5:11 PM
well ill have to be mindful of that when I buy some. I want them level like the stock ones.
its one of those things that makes a subtle difference but stands out once you notice them

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 6:49 PM
True, and I did get mine all wired up to run both of the color lights, the amber by the turn signals and the blue via a switch in the glove box. Sufice to say I still have some of that wiring around, but parts of it will be removed as I do some other things at this time.

Wednesday, May 01, 2013 9:24 AM
That is gonna be hard to judge with out knowing what the view is when the mirrors are on when shopping for new ones.

Straight lines are over-rated In My Opinion =]
Wednesday, May 01, 2013 12:24 PM
yeah, ill just have to carefully gauge the design and dimensions of the mirrors.
the only place I want turning indicators besides the stock locations is possibly a small, subtle fender marker like the toyota set up. but i want to get a more flush mount one like BMW has or other car companys. Not a huge one that protrudes out an inch. So if the mirrors do come with the signals, Ill just paint over the lens.

Wednesday, May 01, 2013 5:23 PM
Most go with Toyo mirrors. Not too many aftermarket mirrors seem to fit properly.

Wednesday, May 01, 2013 9:51 PM
yeah, the toyo's don't look bad..i just wanted something different. our stockers are pretty plain. I just don't like mods that look like you're trying too hard...subtlety is key
for the price I guess it cant hurt to buy those ebay ones just to see them on. if I don't like them, ill give them to someone who wants them lol

Thursday, May 02, 2013 6:38 PM
I actually have the same ones that are posted above but with the turn signals in them they sit pretty well even and have not had a problem with them since I bought mine off ebay ....

Macktruck there are 2 differentounting plates for the 2dr and 4 dr mirrors and that's why they had incorrect fitment my first pair were the 4dr ones and I had to do some customizing to actually make them fit ...

Thursday, May 02, 2013 9:03 PM
I had those a few years back and quickly got rid of them. The bunny ear look kills any sportiness and they're useless for visibility.

Toyos or Bomex is about it.

Sunday, May 05, 2013 7:21 AM
I've got a set of unfinished ones in my basement.

Started glassing them to get rid of the bunny ear look and then just said @!#$ it.

If you're interested I'll let you have them for cheap.

DRIVING FORCE FABRICATIONS (908)866-1882

Sunday, May 05, 2013 4:00 PM
do you have pics? ive never worked with fg before. ive seen lots on other vehicles that look good..i wonder how hard it would be to fab up a mount and use stock mirrors from a newer car

Tuesday, May 07, 2013 11:28 AM
pk so i was lookeing at these l.e.d mirrors also and i thought cavalier mirrors would go right on a sunfire but i checked just incase and it said part not compatible. shouldnt they be exactly the same???
Tuesday, May 07, 2013 6:07 PM
i got the apc ones off ebay for 20 shipped. they are for a four door but i fit them by just using a dremel on the mounting holes on the car. No bunny ears fit pretty good. look alot better than the two piece ones i had.
Tuesday, May 07, 2013 8:19 PM
you got pics?

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 12:00 PM
Sunfire and cavy ones are the exact same I used 2dr cavalier ones on my sunfire their is noyhing different between the 2 unless u order 4dr ones the mounting plates are different...
Thursday, May 09, 2013 12:04 PM
Lance Detwiler wrote:Sunfire and cavy ones are the exact same I used 2dr cavalier ones on my sunfire their is noyhing different between the 2 unless u order 4dr ones the mounting plates are different...
i was wondering if the 2 door cavy mirrors would fit the 2 door fire. is the ones in that link for a four door???
Friday, May 10, 2013 9:11 AM
which link...the one i posted originally? the link even shows '2 dr coupe'.

I was also wondering about finding another car with mirrors i like and simply fabbing them up to our mounting location

Monday, May 13, 2013 12:08 PM
blu04DD wrote:which link...the one i posted originally? the link even shows '2 dr coupe'.

I was also wondering about finding another car with mirrors i like and simply fabbing them up to our mounting location

my bad didnt notice that but yeah on ebay when i click the link i whent to the select a car thing and switched it to a 99 sunfire gt and it sais part unavailble. shouldnt the cavalier ones work???

Monday, May 13, 2013 8:29 PM
I have no idea man...that's one area of the car ive yet to even bother with. aesthetics have taken a back seat to my motor being in pieces right now...so ill worry about the mirrors later. maybe do research on other cars that might want to 'donate' their nice set up to a cavy

Thursday, May 16, 2013 8:47 AM
The ones for a cavalier will work any mirror from a 95-05 sunfire or cavalier is interchangeable the mirros I got were for a cavalier and I put them on my 04 sunfire the mounting holes are 100% the same ....
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search