Whats Next? 2001 Cavalier Coupe - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Whats Next? 2001 Cavalier Coupe
Sunday, August 04, 2013 3:59 PM
Hello, this is my first post on the J-Body forum. A couple of weeks ago i purchased a 2001 Cavalier Coupe for a steal of a price. When i bought the car it had these mods: Short Shifter, a full aftermarket exhaust system, air intake, new chip, lowered, headunit with a subwoofer and 2 amps. Since buying it I have done a spark plug and spark plug wire change, also with a oil and oil filter change. Also I have put in 6k HIDs, swapped out 1 of the amps and the subwoofer, plastidipped the rims, and nightshaded the lights. I was looking to see what other mods i could add onto the list to make it look and run better. Also with just the turn signals on the front lights tinted, it just doesn't look good to me, so any suggestions are greatly apprecaited. These are pictures of how the car sit currently.

Re: Whats Next? 2001 Cavalier Coupe
Sunday, August 04, 2013 5:30 PM
Well, I would buy either aftermarket black headlights or remove the tint. Also your car cannot be chipped and it also doesn't look like it was lowered much so I'm curious what springs were used or if they were cut.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Sunday, August 04, 2013 8:28 PM
On the air intake there is a little chip, I think it is one of those air flow sensors that makes your car run a little richer than it normally would. I was looking for some new headlights but it seems like there aren't alot of choices for this generation of cavaliers. Are there some that you recommend getting? When I looked for some I was looking for projectors so I could do the HIDs properly, but you have to get someone to custom retrofit them for you if I am not mistaken.
Sunday, August 04, 2013 8:52 PM
Or do a front end swap to a 95-99 generation. That's what I did.
Sunday, August 04, 2013 9:58 PM
Yea or swap to 03-05. There are projectors in the classifieds.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Monday, August 05, 2013 12:54 AM
Just cut apart your lights and paint them black and than get black corner lights, $30 on ebay, and car will look alot better. I have a 02 thats the same color as yours. Also look into side skirts and front lip kit to help exterior look

FuzzMASTA9
Monday, August 05, 2013 8:04 AM
You're probably referencing the IAT or Intake Air Temperature sensor on the intake, pic?

Tuesday, August 06, 2013 3:00 PM
Sorry i wasnt around a computer to have these pictures uploaded but this is what the "chip" looks like.

Tuesday, August 06, 2013 3:08 PM
Pete P wrote:Just cut apart your lights and paint them black and than get black corner lights, $30 on ebay, and car will look alot better. I have a 02 thats the same color as yours. Also look into side skirts and front lip kit to help exterior look

What type of paint would i want to use?
Wednesday, August 07, 2013 1:22 AM
Yeah I would have taken that piece of junk off as soon as I saw it. That pipe gets pretty hot so zip ties and a chip do not belong on it. The IAT is right next to it just for reference.

Monday, August 19, 2013 11:42 AM
I was thinking about plastidiping my hood, roof, and trunk black to cover up some sun spots. Anyone that has experience working with plastidip can this be done with the rattle-cans or would i need to buy the spray gun.

Sunday, August 25, 2013 8:46 AM
spray cans will work but like any rattle can on a large surface area you will have difficulty getting proper coverage and keeping the product sprayed evenly at a 90 degree angle to avoid any texture. the pro car kit for DYC will make that job a whole lot easier and allow you to keep that 90 degree spray angle to get proper coverage and avoid any texture. for durability and peelability down the road you will want atleast 4-5 coats per panel. Just like any paint you will want to prep the surface properly and get it as smooth as possible. So those sun spots and clear peel will need to be sanded or they will show through in texture and possibly cause the dip to lift.

"Is that your exhaust or is that the sound of someone deflating a cat?"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search