Fog Lights - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Fog Lights
Monday, August 19, 2013 11:28 AM
Is it possible to add fog lights to a 01 cavalier coupe base that originally did not have them installed? Here is what mine looks like as of right now from one of the pictures i have offhand.. On the driver side you may be able to notice there is a black piece of carbon fiber behind the hole to help my aftermarket air intake in the winter instead of putting back on the OEM Airbox.

Re: Fog Lights
Wednesday, October 23, 2013 10:21 PM
yea all the wiring is there. I have exact same car put a z24 bumper with lssport lip looks way better at night
Thursday, October 24, 2013 6:43 PM
The wiring is not always there.

FU Tuning

Thursday, October 24, 2013 7:14 PM
I have never heard of our cars coming pre-wired for fogs if they didn't already have them but that would be sweet.

As for wiring fogs up. Just get the factory z24 bumper and the bulbs and then wire it up with an inline fuse to you battery/fuse panel and then hook up a relay to them to some sort of power source that is ACC triggered and then toggle switch it in your cabin somewhere or try the original switch. (think it might be different though)

There's tons of write ups of when people just hook up fogs really easy. For example where I live, I cannot go a city block without seeing a Honda Civic with LED "fog Lights" zip tied to there front bumper
Thursday, October 24, 2013 7:18 PM
As a rule of thumb though i have found with working with our cars. Is that if it has the fuse in the inside fuse panel it most likely has some sort of pre-wiring going on inside.
Example, my Cavalier had the fuse for power mirrors which in turn had the pre-wiring for power mirrors. And it also had the relay/fuse for power windows, but didn't have the full wiring for the power windows but were easier enough to install.
Tuesday, February 04, 2014 4:46 PM
Im buying lss foglights with the oem switch and brackets. I just need to know what else I need and links to what is recommended such as wires and w.e else is needed to hook these bad boys up.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search