Side Moldings Question - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Side Moldings Question
Tuesday, September 10, 2013 6:27 PM
Hey guys, I already shaved my front and rear emblems on my '02 Cavalier, and should I take the side moldings off? I'm afraid it'll come out looking retarded because the front emblem, there's no faded paint or anything but on the rear, you could see the location of the Chevy emblem and the Cavalier emblem at a certain angle,,,,,so it's a 50/50 thing for me, I don't want to take the moldings off to find out there's a long strip of unfaded paint..

Re: Side Moldings Question
Thursday, September 12, 2013 10:11 AM
they are on the sides so its not AS big of a deal as say the hood emblem but yes, they can certainly see sunlight and subsequent fading around them can occur. best way to try is to remove a rear piece section first as it would be smallest and easiest to reinstall. i removed them on my white 98z24 and right away you could see a difference in shading where they were, BUT, after waxing over those areas a few times and having it sit in the sun it all but went away and you could not even tell.

i dont recomend removing them anyway. IMO the cavaliers are too broad on the sides with no body lines to compliment anything. it looks too gaudy without something on the sides to help break up the body. just my opinion....

RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Re: Side Moldings Question
Friday, September 13, 2013 7:14 PM
Hmm..I'm still contemplating doing it or not, since the side moldings themselves is faded, almost like pink and the paint is coming off....I would put up a picture but I don't know how besides the link.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search